➶ 16

I STARED, AND THE baby pink Lamborgini stared back. It was starting to hurt my eyes just looking at it. Tied to the top was a gigantic red bow, and it made me unable to think straight. Blinking, I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating from deprivation of sleep from the last few days. "What is this?"

"The baby pink Lamborgini you wanted," he boastfully puffed out his chest as though this was the best decision he had made. He searched for the keys through his pants before waving them in the air. I wasn't materialistic, but a Lamborghini? It was different. I cupped my hands, and as he nearly dropped it into my palm, August snatched it back. "I need a favour, by the way." 

Tossing him a dismissive and disgusted looked, I snapped my head away, "Suddenly, I don't need it anymore," I shook my head, "In fact, I'm better off without it." I was internally glad that he had parked it in the lot of the hotel where few people went. I didn't have enough energy to interact with anyone.

"It's not a big favour, and I couldn't think of anyone who could play the part well," he pleaded with a pout. He clasped his hands together in a begging gesture. "I just need to a few people off my back." 

Questioningly, I lifted my eyebrow, "How many times are you going to use me as a shield?" I teased, "Careful, I might think you're interested in me." 

"And what if I am?" He shot back with a smirk. 

I gagged with a frown, raising my hand in front of me, "Don't ever say that again. It's making me feel nauseous all of a sudden." 

Like a puppy that was abandoned, he stared at me incredulously, jaw dropped, and beyond offended. Perhaps being around me was shattering his arrogance piece by piece, and it felt like I was doing a favour to the world. "And suddenly I know why you've never had a boyfriend," before I could ask him how he was so sure, he snickered, "Don't try to lie. I've already done my research." 

I rubbed my temples. The research he had done on me was nine-eight percent made up, and the other two were about the sad love life that Landon's genius hacker friend, Karma, decided to include just to mess around with me. I was getting betrayed left and right, and I was going to give Karma a piece of my mind sooner or later. The idea suddenly popped in my head, and since I was already this deep in shit, it didn't matter if I just plummeted. "Since we're fake-dating and all, we're going to go piss the fuck out of Liana."

The mischievous side of me was showing. He tossed the keys in my direction and I caught them with ease. "Deal." 

"YOU TRICKED ME, SHITHEAD," I whispered harshly, digging my elbow roughly into his ribs

"YOU TRICKED ME, SHITHEAD," I whispered harshly, digging my elbow roughly into his ribs. This wasn't how I expected to spend a Saturday evening in France, especially with the likes of August Laurent. The restaurant walls were gilded in gold with paintings at every inch of the ceilings. Hell, I was lost in admiration when I had seen the fountain of wine. 

His arm slid playfully around my shoulder, swaying me side to side. "Smile. You're meeting my parents, love bug," sang August sarcastically. "They'll finally quit proposing the idea that I get engaged."