Chapter 4 - A Greater Motivation

Once that was over, it was time for the last event for the first years. Which was actually less exciting for Deku than the cavalry battle. The only reason being the fact that the calvary battle exposed Deku to so many quirks at once, but now only the ones who made it were going to fight each other. But it was sort of a good thing, as he could write down some quirk weaknesses he noticed while watching.

"Hey Bakugou! You sure lost back there!" Kaminari teased. "You should have seen our team! I think we got more ribbons, too!"

"What the hell did you say?!" Bakugou yelled, preparing an extra battle just for Kaminari. "I was the best, got that?!"

"For the best you sure like getting in 2nd place a lot," Asui commented brutally, though her voice wasn't nearly as loud as Bakugou's screaming.

Mineta nudged Asui. "H-hey our team still lost. The last thing we need is to deal with... that guy."

Of course he only said that out of fear.

"This totally isn't manly! We should all be preparing!" Kirishima shouted, clashing his fists together.

"Unlike you Kirishima, some of us are already out," Jiro sighed, twisting an ear jack with her finger. "I'm surprised Kaminari didn't mess it up for his team."

The soon to be short-circuit was clearly offended, but Momo spoke up.

"We were in Todoroki's team, after all. Then there was Iida's trump card that kept Bakugou's team at bay..." she analyzed.

Suddenly remembering Iida, Bakugou shot his head towards him. The class rep knew that Bakugou was headstrong, and knew he couldn't be intimidated by him in order to be just like his brother, Ingenium!

Uraraka had no time to feel happy for her friend Iida, as she was too worried about how let down Ojiro was. It was odd considering he made it, and wondered if it was something else that was bothering him.

Todoroki remained silent.

Before everything started however, Ojiro and a few others decided to forfeit, and Deku immediately noticed the pattern.

He lowered his notebook. "But weren't they all in..."

Shinso's team.

Midnight frowned, and revealed that someone would have to go twice due to the odd number.

.

.

.

.

Someone named Mei Hatsume ended up volunteering, instead of having it randomly selected. Though her overly optimistic voice made it clear she had other motives of doing so rather than just being generous.

It seems the reason for everyone's unsureness was going to be answered soon, since she was going against Shinso first before fighting with Iida. He wasn't in the hero course, but Deku still made sure to make an extra spot for his name. It was something about how Shinso carried himself that made Midoriya feel like he needed to.

They both got onto the platform, with Hastume clearly planning something under her sleeve. Shinso was more so cool and relaxed, like the round itself would end very soon.

Once the time began, the student from the support department started to speak almost instantly.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! For my first baby, I'd like to introduce you to no. 312, a similar model to what I used to assist my team in the calvary battle!"

Shinso tried to take advantage of her carelessness by speaking up, but the truth was that she wasn't acknowledging him in the slightest. As a result, Shinso couldn't mind control her, and Deku had no new information on him just yet.