Wattpad Original
There are 60 more free parts

sunset

noun ~ the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades

Later that day, I found myself back in my garden. Sean really kicked my butt with the weights, and I knew tomorrow I would feel it in my shoulders. So, for now, I decided weeding would help as it would keep them in motion and hopefully not seize up too badly.

I was told that Lyra would be leaving tonight, and I was looking forward to watching her over-primed back walk away. I didn't trust her one-bit, long-time family friend or not. She was too touchy and nosey for my liking.

I huffed and stared at the large pile of dandelions I had collected. I wondered if there were any bunny burrows nearby. With that thought in mind, I piled the various leafy weeds and grass into my new wheelbarrow.

Phoenix gave me his bank card and told me to make a list of things I needed, and he'd pay for them. So, I wrote my list and phoned the local stores, paying over the phone for it all to be delivered. I still had some ornaments on order but told them to keep them in storage until I was ready for them.

I trekked the wheelbarrow through some of the trees until I caught the scent of a rabbit. I followed the trail further until more bunny smells came into my senses. When I was close enough, I scoured out their burrows and spotted a few underneath some hedges. I tipped out the wheelbarrow and sat down beside the pile.

I kept my heart rate level enough to appear non-threatening as I called out to the rabbits. I must've looked like a crazy person sat calling to some holes in the ground, but eventually, my work paid off, and a pretty brown rabbit came sneaking out of its home. Its nose twitched as it froze and observed me.

"It's okay. I brought some food." I whispered and held out a dandelion leaf.

It took hesitant steps toward me, obviously unsure if I would hurt it or not. It must've deemed me okay because soon it took the leaf from my hand.

"Good bunny." I smiled.

He was too cute. I always loved animals, so to have a wild rabbit come up to me willingly was hitting me straight in the heart. He eventually hopped over to the pile five times as big as him and began munching.

I leaned back on my hands and just watched him. Eventually, more rabbits came to join, curious about the food I had provided. I did my hardest to hide my squeal when some tiny brown-orange babies came out with who I assumed to be their mummy.

'Oh, look at you getting cosy with my dinner.' Cel mused.

I frowned at her words, not liking the animalistic part of werewolves. Is there such a thing as a vegetarian wolf? A pollotarian if you will?

Cel snorted at my thoughts, but I decided to get up and leave anyway. It was getting dark in the trees and my watch showed that it was nearing eight-thirty at night. I had missed Lyra leaving, oh well... It was summertime so the nights drew out, and I had completely lost track of time. I must've sat with the bunnies for at least an hour as they had nearly eaten the whole pile.

"Maybe I'll have some more tomorrow. By bun-buns."

I got up slowly to not frighten them and wheeled my barrow back to the shed. I piled up my tools and put them inside before shutting the door. Rubbing the dirt off my hands, I slowly walked my way back to the house. My clothes were filthy again.

The sun was setting, and I couldn't wait to get to my room to watch it go down.

I walked up the steps to the front of the house and cast a long glance at the setting sun.

"Pretty, isn't it?"

I screamed and jumped backwards in fright. I nearly fell off the edge of the steps if it wasn't for him catching me.