𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 27

I sat up in bed and went out in the hall to get some water. "Y/n do you need something?" Kanao asked. I nodded.

"What do you need?" Kanao asked. "Water please" I signed. "Mhm wait here I'll get it!" Kanao said going into the kitchen.

I stopped when I saw Obanai, Mitsuri, and Tomioka. I ran up to them with a big smile. "AW!! Hi Y/n!" Mitsuri said.

I stuck my middle finger up while smiling and Mitsuri frowned and Tomioka rose his eyebrow. Obanai glared at me and grabbed me by my arm then dragged my out of the room.

He crouched down to my height and glared at me. "Listen here you little shit if you ever do that again I will break every single finger you have understand" Obanai said.

"I don't understand what did I do wrong!?" I signed. "Don't act all innocent you know what you did" Obanai said.

I stared at him in confusion and he sighed. "You really don't know what you just did do you?" Obanai said. I shook my head.

"Listen don't stick your middle finger up it's bad and you can get in trouble for doing it" Obanai said. I nodded. "I'm sorry" I signed while frowning.

"It's fine just don't do it again or I'll chop your finger off" Obanai said. I nodded with a terrified look.

We walked back in the room. "I'm sorry I did that I didn't know it was wrong" I signed. "What did you think it meant?" Tomioka asked.

"That you appreciate someone" I signed while frowning. Mitsuri smiled and hugged me. "It's okay you didn't know!" Mitsuri said.

"But who told you that sticking your middle finger up meant you appreciate someone?" Obanai asked.

We looked over to see Shinobu backpaddle out of the room. "You're a naïve kid but I'm glad you are because if you weren't the world would burn" Obanai said.

"Ah okay" I signed. "Y/n here's your water" Kanao said handing it to me. I smiled and hugged Kanao.

"I hope you get well soon Y/n but you have to listen to do that" Kanao said. "You lost her at "listen"" Tomioka said.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No I can listen!" I signed. "Sure" Obanai said. "You should stop trying to hit kids" I signed.

"When they stop being idiots I will" Obanai said. I rolled my eyes and chugged the water then put it on the table.

"I am not an idiot" I signed. "She did a cartwheel at three am with a hole in her stomach" Obanai said.

I glared at him then stormed to my room and climbed under the covers on my bed. After a while I fell asleep.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I sat up to see Yoriichi reading. 'Ugh again' I thought walking over to him. "Don't burn my book please" Yoriichi said still reading.

"Can you tell me a story?" I signed. "No" He said. "Please! I won't burn your books ever again!" I signed. "Fine" He said rolling his eyes.

He put the book aside. "Once upon a time there was a girl who didn't know how to leave her 'Grandpa' alone! THE END!!" Yoriichi said.

"I'm sorry... grandpa" I signed. "Did you know that estimated 2,300 kids go missing and 1,500 kids die everyday?" Yoriichi said.

I stayed silent. "It would be a shame if you became one of them" Yoriichi said. I grabbed his book and started running over to the stand with matches on it.

I grabbed the matches and dropped the book on the ground. "Y/n no" Yoriichi said standing up. I lit the match and held it over the book.

"Don't do i-" He stopped when I dropped the match on the book setting it on fire. "Next time don't threaten to kill me" I signed.

"I have a surprise!" Yoriichi said smiling. "What is it?" I signed. He waved me over. I ran up to him with a smile.

"You're gonna become one of those 1,500 kids" He said. I shook my head. "Demon slayers can't hurt each other" I signed.

"How did you even- never mind just go in the corner again" Yoriichi said glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to the stands.

I watched as Yoriichi made a book appear out of nowhere. 'Uh what? Can I do that?' I thought. I closed my eyes and felt something appear in my hands.

I looked down to see a donut. I looked to see if Yoriichi was looking and started eating the donut. 

As I finished I felt I was starting to wake up. 'Finally I can get out of trouble' I thought.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I sat up to see that I wasn't in my room. "Y/n the food is ready come on!" A girl with bangs said peeking into the room.

'Ah okay' I thought standing up and walking out. I followed the sound of voices and opened the door to see two other kids, the lady from the dream,  and....

'TANJIRO AND NEZUKO!?' I thought eyes wide. "Y/n come on! sit down and eat!" Nezuko said. 'But she looks human' I thought walking over and sitting down.

"Haha Y/n you look like you've seen a ghost!" The boy said. I stayed silent and stared at the food in front of me.

"Y/n are you sick?" The lady asked. "M'M!" I hummed shaking my head. "Oooh she's not talking" The girl said.

"It's late so maybe she's tired" The lady said. I shook my head. "Then what is it?" The other boy asked.

"Nothing" I signed. They all gave me a confused look. 'Hey wait all these people look similar to Tanjiro and Nezuko are they they're family... THEN WHY AM I HERE!?' I thought.

"Is she doing jutsu or something?" The girl said. "No it's sign language" Tanjiro said. "Sign language where did she learn that?" The lady said. (NO SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS!! I'm still watching Naruto!!)

"Probably the people in the village" Nezuko said. 'Mrs. Tanaka is ni- wait who is that?' I thought. 

I suddenly felt the atmosphere around me change and I looked up to see a mirror. I touched the mirror and all of a sudden something started playing on it.

Flashing images of Tanjiro and Nezuko kept showing up. Then it stopped on one with both of them. "Y/n really is the best sister!" I heard them say in sync. 

'I..... I'm here because... they're my family...' I thought. 

__________________________

THANK YOU FOR READING TODAY! UNTIL NEXT TIME! SEE YA!