Chapter Five

Henley

Henley

A knock came from the front door and I shot up from the couch, going to answer it. Both Lee and Henry smiled bashfully at me as they stood on my doorstep. "Did you two make up?" I asked immediately.

Lee threw his arm around Henry's shoulder, pulling Henry closer to his side, nodding. "Of course. It took some wheedling, though."

"Good," I said, relieved.

"I came to pick up my car," Lee told me, hooking his thumb toward his Maserati still in my driveway. "I know Bennett has a fit if he has to park on the street and I figured he'd be coming here after work."

I stepped aside so they could enter the house, grimacing. "That sounds like him."

"The keys are inside somewhere, though. I have to find them," Lee said, making a beeline for the couch.

"Want something to drink? Are you staying for a bit?" I asked, directing my words toward Henry.

"I could use some water," he answered, following me into the kitchen.

I reached for the glasses on the top shelf. "Neither you or Lee answered my texts, I was worried you two were still fighting. I should have known you'd make up fast. I could never see you two actually being mad at each other."

Henry easily reached over me and grabbed them, handing them to me. "Well. It's not like we didn't fight at all."

My eyes widened. "You actually fought?"

"It was more me being upset with him," Henry said, watching as I filled the glasses with ice and water.

"For sleeping with Brandon?"

Henry pursed his lips at me. "Can you not say it like that?"

I grinned, handing him a glass. "Sorry."

"But no," he continued. "This might sound childish, and I'm not blaming you or anything, but it was upsetting to me that Lee would rather go to you with his troubles rather than me."

I wrapped my hands around my cup, taking a sip. "I can see why you'd feel like that, though. Lee's only known me for a year. He's known you way longer."

"And I'm his boyfriend."

"But I'm sure that's why it was harder to admit everything to you," I said, leaning against the counter.

Henry nodded. "He did. And I understand why he went to you first. But that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. I wish he could have trusted me instead of worry about how I'd react. I thought he knew me better than that. I would never think badly of him."

"He knows that," I assured Henry.

Henry smiled. "I know. And I understand his side of things too, now that he's explained. But I also let him know that in the future I'd like to help him face these things. It all worked out."