Chapter 66

Celine was scheduled to reside in the palace for however long the Emperor needed her assistance. As she journeyed towards the front gate of the majestic palace, she wondered what her life would look like in the near future. Draco was curled up on her lap in cat form as she stroked his soft fur. She watched him rest as they traveled with the escort. Her heart felt numb and unsettled. Celine had been given such a short amount of time to digest all of the events that had taken place, it felt unreal. She was walking on such an unknown path, and for the first time, she truly didn't know what would happen. 

She was curious to know if Zavia was the true culprit, what Sir Vigos' child looked like, and she also wanted to see how Emperor Akihiko handled his court or political affairs. Hence, she looked up into the sky, to free herself from such tedious, earthly thoughts.

Her hair had returned to its original glory, and she had dressed like a noble Krastian woman before her departure. She completely veiled herself, which was the sole reason she was denied entry into the palace despite the invitation.

"Lady, the only woman we are supposed to welcome today is a beautiful maiden with silver hair and gold, purple eyes." They didn't spare a glance, and even the passerbyers eyed her suspiciously.

The guards were eager to see the woman who matched the absurd description they were given, believing that the invitation in their hands was forged.

"How dare you disrespect the Emperor's guest without politely ask-"

"Then take off that veil, woman."

The guard clicked his tongue and forcefully grabbed the fabric wrapped around her head. Celine's eyes glistened with fury as she imagined how cruel these guards were if they treated a seemingly weak woman like this. However, she did not retaliate, and even allowed the guards to handle her roughly. She wanted to know how far the guards would go to hurt her. She held onto Draco, who squirmed in her arms and hissed at the soldiers.

What would Akihiko do if he saw his own soldiers laying their hands on her?

The fabric wrapped around Celine's head was tied together in a complicated manner, for she didn't want anyone to unveil her mask except for herself. Therefore, the guards struggled and continued to pull violently out of embarrassment, garnering the attention of the local townspeople.

"Fuck, who are you woman?" He yelled in frustration. The other guard left his post to join his fellow mate when the screeching sound of a dragon stopped them dead in their tracks, for this sound only belonged to one person. The emperor's familiar who could breathe flames.

The entire town grew silent as Red landed abruptly and a gust of wind brushed against their skin and tangled their hair. They were horrified by Red's frightening appearance, yet mesmerized by his majestic beauty.

Even Celine and Draco paused, wondering why Red chose to reveal himself in his most monstrous form. Their thoughts were shortly answered, for the emperor himself was also flying on Red's back. He also appeared furious as he made his way towards the guards. With one slick motion he twisted the guard's arm away and threw him to the ground near Red's tail. Red only grunted and sent the guard flying.The townspeople watched with amazement and terror as the guard was literally tossed like a ball into the forest.

"Is this how your men treat special guests?" Celine questioned, further irritating the emperor. His eyes seemed violent, and his aura screamed death. He was annoyed that Celine did not use her familiar to block the guard's assault, and even more furious that a man had dared to touch Celine. He whipped his head around towards the other guard, who was groveling next to his feet.