/|18|\

"Have you seen Elizabeth?" Alex asked, looking around for the brown haired young woman.
"Right here." She said with a smile, Brian by her side.

"Oh my- Is that Brian?!" Matt exclaimed, walking up to him and giving his hand a firm shake, "Man, I haven't seen you since..." He trailed off.
"Since Highschool." Brian said.
"Damn it's been a while." Matt said.

Each of the boys went around and shook Brian's hand, asking how he'd been and how he'd ended up being here tonight.

"Well I actually saw Elizabeth in a café earlier today and she invited me along." Brian said with a soft smile, looking to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth smiled up to him before looking to Alex, noticing the sour expression on his face as he watched Brian carefully.

"Well let's head inside then." Matt said, beginning to walk up the driveway.

"Greg!" Matt yelled.
"Hey man!" The man known as Greg shouted to Elizabeth's brother.

Matt went through introducing each person, Greg being friendly and telling the group to help themselves to whatever drinks they wanted that were in the kitchen.

Elizabeth followed the boys into the little house, with Brian by her side and she adjusted herself to the atmosphere — loads of people crowded into a little house with the music is blaring.

Brian poured a drink into a red plastic cup and handed it to Elizabeth.
"I'm assuming you still like your whiskey, right?" He asked.
Elizabeth smiled, "I'm surprised you remember."
Brian shrugged and poured himself drink, following Elizabeth as she walked out into the backyard where there was a large pool and campfire lit.

"This is much better." Elizabeth said as she sat down on the grass in-front of the fire, Brian making himself comfortable next to her.
"What happened to the Elizabeth who wanted to be amidst all the sweaty people, dancing to the crappy music?" Brian asked.
Elizabeth shrugged, "Getting old, Brian."
Brian laughed lightly, "You hardly look it."
Elizabeth blushed before looking over to the back door, making eye contact with a certain lead singer.

Alex kept his eyes on her for a few seconds before turning around and going back inside, presumably finding one of the boys.

"So what's happening with you and Alex?" Brian asked before taking a sip of his beer.
"Turner?" Elizabeth asked, "What do you mean?"
Brian shrugged, "I dunno it just seems that there's something between you two... I could see the way you looked at each other earlier, and well, it was just... different." Brian explained.

Elizabeth stayed silent as she tried to think what her and Alex really were at the moment.

"Sorry if I'm overstepping... I'm just curious because I don't want to do anything in case, well, you know, you guys are a thing." Brian explained.
Elizabeth bit her lip, before looking to Brian.
"Turner and I aren't a thing." She stated.
"Good to know." Brian said, trying to hide his happiness.

Brian and Elizabeth sat in silence for a few moments before continuing on with conversation, talking to each other about anything they could think of.

Elizabeth felt so relaxed talking to him and it was now she remembered why she fell for him in the first place.

However, he still lingered on in the back of her mind.