Vs Mahito Arc -Part I-

His eyes fluttered open as the sunlight shone through his face. He groaned in annoyance and the first thing he saw was her sleeping face. It seemed they're too tired that they slept on the floor, surrounded by opened books. He looked towards his body, seeing a blanket covered him and immediately thought that she probably the one who put them for him. Unconsciously, his hand trailed off her face, feeling the shape of her face. He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear to see her face more clearly. A small smile crept up on his face.

She scrunched her face from his contact, making him pulled his hand back. Her eyes slowly opened and smiled after seeing him awake too.

"Good morning," he muttered.

"Good morning," she replied. She sat up and grabbed her phone to see current time. "How's your head?"

"Better," he groaned and sat up. The sky was too bright and probably he only has a few minutes before practice started, but Ieiri suggested him to take a break, so he didn't really care about it.. "What are you doing today?" he suddenly asked, putting his hand inside his pocket.

"Hm? Mission," she hummed, collecting the book scattered on her room floor. Fushiguro only hummed on her answer. He stood up and helped her on collecting her books. She thanked him before looking at his eyes. "I think you should get another check on that to Ieiri-san."

"Yeah, I'll go back and take a bath before that," he yawned.

"Get well soon, Fushiguro," she smiled at him.

"Thanks. Good luck on your mission," he smiled.

--

After her mission for the day ended, she went directly to the place Gojo shared on message. As always the room wasn't too bright, making it more intimate. Itadori and Gojo already arrived first, and it seemed they're on a break.

"Oh? Y/N!" Gojo waved while she only nodded. "You come finally!"

"Akiba?" Itadori muttered and looked back at Gojo. "She's here to train me?"

"Yeah!" Gojo nodded happily. "Well, she's more or less a support. You'll spar with her twice a week." The girl stopped beside Itadori and looked at him.

"Gojo-sensei told me about it through phone yesterday. Please take care of me," she smiled. Itadori gleamed in excitement and nodded. "I might not be the best support, but I can point out your weakness."

His training was usual as he started to use his cursed energy properly. The first time they spar, she didn't use any cursed energy and solely focusing on observing him. Of course, he still lacked here and there but in the end he learned thing surprisingly fast making it easy for him to improve. The second spar has improved a lot.

"This is the second spar and you've improved a lot," she huffed, wiping her face from sweat. Itadori smiled after gulping the whole bottle down.

"It's all thanks to you," he grinned. She handed out another bottle of water since he still looked thirsty from all the intense movement. "Oh! Thank you!"

"It must be tiring, being targeted by the higher ups," she sat beside him. He stopped drinking and looked in front of him.

"I don't really care about that. As long as I can help people, then it's alright," he replied. She smirked at his reply.

"I like your attitude," she chuckled, making him whipped his head towards her direction. A blush crept up on his cheek after seeing her smile. "For that wish to come true, you have to become stronger."

"Hey, Akiba?" he called, making the girl hummed in respond. "What makes you want to be a jujutsu sorcerer?" She smiled sourly and looked in front.

"You could say I have the same reason as you," she answered. "After witnessing my parents' death right in front of my own eyes, I didn't have anywhere to go. Luckily, someone took me here and Yaga-sensei agreed on taking me under his wings. He told me that, by being a jujutsu sorcerer, I'll be able to save people and avoid tragedy like what happened to my parents."