Fᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ Wɪғᴇ

Aditi sat on a chair and sipped her soft drink, quitely observing how fake people can be

Aditi sat on a chair and sipped her soft drink, quitely observing how fake people can be. Fake smiles, fake laughter, fake love and fake sympathy which she gets a lot.

She never wanted to be here, neither in such kind of party nor around these type of people. But here she was doing it in the place of her husband.

"Aditi?" a voice called her from behind.

"Nakul? Hi!" she got up to greet him.

"You look amazing" he complimented. Wearing a maroon coloured saree and her hair tied in a loose low bun she indeed looked amazing.

"Thanks! Where is Shruti?" she asked looking around.

"You know how pregnancy hormones are, right? We left the house to come here but half way through she wanted to go back. So, I dropped her back and came here" he replied and both of them settled on the chair. Aditi on her previous spot and Nakul next to her.

Nakul was her husband's best friend. He was sweet, charming, handsome and most importantly supportive. He had always supported the couple.

"I should take my leave" she said glancing at her watch.

"Aditi, your mother-in-law called me--"

"--My answer is no and will always stay the same" Aditi said rudely.

"You have a life too and you need to live it. Stop wasting it on someone who is never going to come back" Nakul tried to explain.

"Shut up! Just. Shut. Up! How can you say something like this, Nakul? You are his best friend for god sake. And yes, I am not saying yes to any man for marriage. I am happily married" saying this she left.

Nakul followed her. "You need to accept the fact that he is not going to come back" he yelled as he walked behind her. But she didn't stop on her tracks and left.

She reached the hospital in twenty minutes. This hospital was the where she have spent her each and every night from past five years. The woman on the reception smiled looking at her. Aditi smiled back and continued walking.

Entering the room she found an elderly nurse doing her job.

"Oh! You are here. You look pretty" the nurse said.

"Thanks! Any improvement?"

"No!" she said in a sad voice and left the room.

Aditi sighed at the sight of her husband. It pained her to see him like this. A man who was once energetic and full of life was now lay lifeless on the hospital bed. It had been five years since that accident and five years since Yash opened his eyes.

When he was brought to the hospital doctors couldn't find his pulse but after trying their level best they somehow saved him but now he was in coma.

"There are very less chances of him getting up" these were the exact words of the doctor that day.

Aditi was shattered. She and Yash were introduced to eachother by their parents. Aditi was really young only 21 when she got married to Yash. It was love at first sight for both of them. They got married and were living like a happy couple.

Yash used to drop her to college and she used to wait for him at home. They used to go out for dinner or movie and then come back home and make love the entire night. But it was just for two years.

Aditi sat on the stool that was kept near his bed. She held his hand making sure not to hurt him in the process. She placed a soft kiss on his knuckles and moved her fingers in his hair. He loved it when she did that.

"You know I went to that party I was talking about yesterday. It was super boring. You know na I don't like going to such parties but I have to go because of you. Stop torturing me, Yash. It hurts. Please get up, please" a tear escaped her eyes.

When Yash went in coma her father-in-law suggested her to take over the company. Aditi wasn't sure at first but from her her FIL guidance and Nakul's support she took Yash's position.

"They want me to move on, Yash. I can't do this. I can never move on. I love you and only you and I know you love me too. I guess God is testing our love. But don't worry I was always a bright student, I am going to pass this test with flying colours" she kissed his forehead softly.

She laid down on the couch and closed her eyes and prayed for better tomorrow.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Aditi was sitting in her cabin, going through some files when her phone rang.

Dr. Mittal

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Malhotra?"

"Yes! Is everything alright, doctor?"

"Mr. Malhotra. He is awake."

That was the last thing Aditi heard. She grabbed her car keys and rushed out of the office. Her secretary who saw all this got worried for her.

Aditi reached the hospital in no time. She saw Dr. Mittal talking to someone and rushed towards him.

"Where is he? Is he fine? When did he--"

"--Mrs. Malhotra calm down. Mr. Malhotra is fine. We are keeping him under observation for few hours and then you can meet him. Till then please be patient" saying this he left.

Aditi sat on one of the chair's and waited patiently. She called his parents and Nakul to give this information. After waiting for two long hours she was finally allowed to see him.

She entered his room and found him sitting on the bed and staring nowhere in particular. He looked in the direction of the gate as he heard her footsteps.

"Hi" she whispered as she sat on the stool. He didn't say a word and kept staring her.

"How are you feeling?" she asked and again he didn't reply but kept staring her.

"The doctor said he needs to do few more tests and then we can go home" she interwined their fingers and kissed his knuckles.

"Do I know you?" it was the first time he spoke in five years.

Second story is out.

I will post the epilogue of the first story soon.

Do give your feedback.