part thirty-two

the one with a game (and questionable decisions).

part thirty-two

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Juno answers.

Livi cocks her head to the side, making a show of thinking hard. "Who do you think is the most attractive person in this room?" Her eyes narrow, already seeing a loophole. "And you can't mention some inanimate object, I mean out of the ten of us."

"That is such a dumb question."

"Just answer it, bitch."

Juno huffs, glancing at each of them in turn. Jisung and Chenle share a knowing look, then start watching the faces of their older friends like a movie.

"Most attractive?" Juno repeats. "Probably you, Olivia," she answers honestly.

Some of the others finally exhale, feeling a little dumb for caring at all. Jaemin pouts. "You've got no taste," he huffs. "Like, I'm literally right here."

Juno just shakes her head at him. "Alright, Grandpa. Truth or dare?"

"Dare," Jaemin replies, perhaps a little too confidently.

"Okay." Juno puts a finger to her lips, thinking about what she could possibly ask him to do. "Open the door and bark really loudly for a minute."

"What?" Jaemin blinks, bravado gone. "Hell no."

The others are already giggling in anticipation. "Do it, do it."

"I'm not a fucking dog!"

"Are you using your skip pass?" Juno raises her brows. They'd agreed that everyone would get one chance to skip a truth or a dare if they really didn't want to participate in it, but there would be a penalty for trying to skip again after that. What that was, they weren't sure yet. But so far, no one had used the pass.

The white-haired boy heaves a defeated sigh, getting up begrudgingly. He scowls at Juno as she takes her phone out to time his madness. "I will get my revenge on you."

"Yeah, yeah," she dismisses with a wave of her hand. "In three... two... one... go!"

He swings the door open, and thus it begins. The others' chuckles morph into full-on peals of laughter as Jaemin commences his barking. To his credit, he gets really into it, even adding in grunts and growls and howls to complete the effect. Fellow students inside the other rooms along the hallway peek out at the commotion. Some just laugh at him, others shake their heads and head back inside, some stare at him with concern, and there are even some phones taken out to record - much to his mortification.

By the time the minute - which felt like years to him - has fully passed, Jaemin closes the door and stumbles back in, ears the color of ripe tomatoes. His friends are all in stitches on the ground, clutching their stomachs. He glowers at them until they begin to calm down.

"Wow," Jisung sniffles, wiping a tear from his eye. "I'm so glad I got that all on video."

"Even you, Jisungie?" Jaemin shakes his head, feeling betrayed by the youngest he claims to have raised. The rest are even slower to recover. "I hate you all. Especially you, Baek."

"I'm sorry," she manages to let out, but she doesn't sound very remorseful at all.

The game, despite their complaints at the beginning, has been quite enjoyable for everyone thus far. Truths have revealed much more to them about each other than they knew before, and the dares have been more than entertaining - they've watched Chenle smell Jisung's socks, Jeno prank call the office (which almost turned ugly), Renjun fit about twenty-five grapes into his mouth, Mark do a rap about kimchi, and too much more. Needless to say, no one is thinking about the ongoing shitshow that is their school right now - which they all needed more than they thought.