XLV

content warning: flashback/memory, mentions of explosives and injury, derealisation (?)

wilbur guided the younger teen down a glass panelled hallway, stone pillars lining the walkway. the orange haze casting its light on the two forms that moved swiftly away from the smoke.

the younger teen looked up into wilburs eyes, with a pleading look.

"wil please go back for them. go back for my father." the teen begged, halting in their steps.

wilbur stared down at the distraught individual, their e/c eyes full of tears, frantically scanning the brunette male.

"i cant leave you i-" the brown eyed male began, before he was cut off by muffled yelling.

y/n pulled away from wilburs grasp, glancing towards the doors they had just exited.

"for me. please." they emphasised, their eyes locking with the older teens gaze.

the kings guard clenched his jaw, averting their pleading stare. he knew if he didnt go back for eret, y/n would never forgive him.

"fine." wilbur mumbled as he pulled the teen into a corner.

"stay here. ill be right back." he muttered, pressing his palm against y/ns cheek.

the male pulled away, running back to the throne room. clouds of thick smoke billowing out of the doorway.

y/n watched as wilbur left, wrapping their arms around their body in a protective manner.

a low, indistinct conversation grew louder as footsteps approached, a set of double doors swung open.

y/n quickly ducked behind a pillar, peering out at whoever was entering the hall.

"its all clear, punz." a voice yelled as it entered the hallway, the person it belonged to stepping into the light.

his sights were set straight ahead, looking out onto the kingdom that was ablaze.

"alright we better leave, ive lit them up. this place will be rubble soon." a voice yelled back from a room over.

the fully armoured man turned after sighing, readying himself to leave back through the doors.

just before the male passed through the doorframe, his fern green eyes caught a glimpse of a dark fabric.

"what the.." he squinted his eyes, trying to make out what was behind the pillar.

the freckled males eyes widened when he made out a small figure, staring back at him in shock.

"wait punz-" he yelled out as his eyes met with a pair of e/c ones.

the walls shook as a sequence of low, deafening tremors emanated through the castle.

the green eyed male shot his head towards y/n, as the explosions grew closer.

"come on dream-" a figure yanked on the blond male, pulling him out through the doors at a fast pace.

the glass panes that lined the opposing wall shattered, a whistle of glass shards flew at speed, striking the small figure.

the sheer amount of power from the violent flash of light sent the teen flying across the room, their body slamming into one of the stone pillars that began to crumble.

the air was dense, the scent of gunpowder lingered in the smog that hung in the atmosphere.

the h/c haired figure lay amongst the rubble, a thin layer of dust coating their form.

their face and what was visible of their body was covered in small cuts and gashes from the glass.

the dark cloak that adorned their body was ripped up, and was now soaking up a large puddle of blood that seeped out of their head.

"-N?... Y/N?"

~*~*~*~

"y/n... y/n wake up, are you okay?" a voice mumbled, shaking me awake.

i shot up, a pair of arms instantly enveloping my form. the sheets around us rustling.

my eyes shot around the room, fixating on techno who pulled me close.

"bad dream?" he questioned, resting his palm against my cheek.

i shook my head, a few locks of my hair shifting out of place.

"i dont know anymore."

techno frowned, pulling me into a hug. he rested his chin on top of my head, rubbing circles onto my back.

"do you want to talk about it?" he asked in his usual monotone voice.

"i dont know- i think im remembering what happened, but i cant tell if its real or not." i mumbling into his chest.

techno raised a hand, running it against my hair.

"i wrote to phil." techno began, as i pulled away to face him.

"he should be here soon, to explain everything."

"and wil?" i questioned, a frown appearing on the pink haired males features.

"if he had any sense, he would give you time." he sighed.

"look i know what he did was stupid, but its because he cares about you..a lot."

a/n- i am so very tired but,, beeduo meet up aye!! if you have any questions ab this chapter or any theories drop them below!! vote n comment <33