Fifteen

"So, uh, Luke told me he told you," Sully muttered as the two of them, Dean and Maya searched for Penny.

"More like Jennifer dropped the bomb for him and then I confronted him about it," Mallie muttered back.

"And, uh, you're cool with it?" Sully said.

"As long as he doesn't hurt her, I will remain neutral," Mallie said.

"That's mature," Sully looked at her with surprise.

"Well, I've stopped hating you as much, too. I'm growing, or some bullshit. Amelia's to blame, anyway. She makes me human," Mallie rolled her eyes. "Penny?!" she called out, banging on the door beside her.

"I'd, uh, maybe me, you, Saffie and Amelia could get together some time. Luke could come, and Vic, and we could have a family lunch?" Sully said.

"Fucked up family," Mallie snorted. "I'll mention it. No promises, though. Four firefighters, a brain surgeon and a lawyer taking down pedophile rings makes for very complicated schedules," she said.

"Captain," Andy said into her radio. "She's in the basement trapped in a washer dryer. I need every extraction tool and hand you have," she said.

"Captain, we may have a potential gas leak," Maya said into her radio.

"This is Gibson, I read you. I'm heading back to the truck now," Jack said into the radio.

"No tools!" Mallie said quickly into her radio. "No tools," she said. There was no answer and Sully nodded at Mallie.

"I'll go and stop them, you evacuate this floor," he said.

"Got it," she nodded.

He took off down the stairs and Mallie started banging on doors with the head of her axe.

"Everybody out! Gas leak! Evacuate now!" Mallie shouted. "Gas leak! Let's go!" she shouted.

"Cruz!" Maya called. Mallie looked over, seeing she and Dean coming towards her.

"Evacuate everybody," Mallie said.

"We're on it," Dean nodded.

"Seattle Fire Department, everybody out!" Mallie banged on the door beside her.

There was a loud explosion as fire roared, burning right through the apartment door.

Mallie was launched backwards into the wall and she groaned, putting her head into her arm to cough out the smoke she'd inhaled.

"Cruz?!" Maya shouted, starting to put the fire out with Dean.

"I'm okay," Mallie groaned, getting to her feet and grabbing her fire extinguisher. She started spraying the fire out, grabbing her radio. "Guys, there's fire that we're putting out but the gas will make it spread faster. Be prepared for it to start jumping floors. Continuing with our evac," Mallie said.

"Everybody okay?" Travis came over the radio.

"I'm gonna have a lovely bruise, but yeah. All good," Mallie said, getting back to putting the fire out.

"I want you to get a checkup at Grey Sloan," Dean said, moving the torch in front of Mallie's eyes.

"I'm fine. I didn't hit my head," she said.

"Then why isn't one following the light?" he said.

"Oh, I was meant to be following?" Mallie rolled her eyes, letting them follow the torch. "I'm fine, Miller. Really," Mallie said.