Home (5/5)

Please don't repost/steal my art!!
My Instagram and TikTok are in bio <3

-

"So we're really adopting them?"

Iwaizumi sighed for the tenth time, "will you just go to sleep?"

"No, like. I'm just saying, Iwa-chan. Are we really doing it?"

"We're not even their real parents. Idiot."

"I like Omi-chan better." Oikawa continued thoughtfully, ignoring the other, "he's not annoying like Tobio-chan and Atsu-chan."

Iwaizumi rolled on to his side, mumbling, "look who's talking."

They were lying in their bed side by side under warm covers; the open window just letting in the right amount of breeze. Only a lamp on Oikawa's side table was lit, giving their room a dim look.

Oikawa snorted, huddling closer to Iwiazumi to annoy him further. He swinged his leg over the other as he wrapped his arms around Iwiazumi's torso and pulled his boyfriend back into his chest, spooning him.

Oikawa whispered in the other's ear, "I'm gonna be a better dad."

"It's not a competition."

"Okay, loser."

"I'm going to kill you."

he laughed, kissing the back of his head. It was way too easy to get Iwaizumi riled up. Oikawa enjoyed it. Their playful bickering was everything to him.

"you can't kill me though. . .  I'm immortal."

"sure you are, " Iwaizumi snorted, "dumbass."

Oikawa couldn't see his face but he smiled to himself nonetheless as he continued, "only stupid people aren't immortal."

"ok."

"Iwa-chan's so stupid —ow!— don't hit me, Iwa-chan!"

"Go to sleep already. Everyone's coming over tomorrow; food's not gonna cook itself."

Oikawa pouted, snuggling closer to to the other.

After a few minutes of complete silence, Iwaizumi sighed and rolled towards Oikawa to face him. He brushed a strand of hair out of Oikawa's face which resulted in Oikawa trying not to smile, his eyes shut.

Iwaizumi inched up a little higher to kiss his forehead.

When he pulled away, Oikawa's smile was soft, eyes glinting, "you're so weak."

Iwaizumi swallowed. yes, yes he was,

"still not immortal," he mumbled against his boyfriend's lips.

Oikawa laughed then leaned in to kiss the corner of Iwaizumi's mouth. And when he caressed Iwaizumi's cheek, his fingertips were buzzing from euphoria.

"I'll take your mortal love instead, Iwa-chan."

-

"oh, did you shower already?" Iwaizumi glanced up from the soup on the stove to see Oikawa coming down the stairs, hair wet and dressed in only sweatpants. Iwaizumi stirred the spoon one more time before he felt Oikawa's hands roam up his waist.

"Smells amazing," he said from above Iwaizumi's shoulder.

"yeah?"

"hm."

"Did you take your meds?"

"Yes, mom."

Iwaizumi elbowed him.