Chapter Twenty Five | Of Monsters and Men

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

            ________ ♛♛♛         ________    ♛♛♛  ________    ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Miley Cyrus

           Though it's been a while now

          I can still feel so much pain

          Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals

          but that scar, that scar remains.

            ________ ♛♛♛         ________    ♛♛♛  ________    ♛♛♛

           CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE ― OF MONSTERS AND MEN

            I TAKE IN A lungful of air, coughing laboriously. A sharp pain slices through my side, and I lean over the bed, vomiting into a red bucket. Shivering slightly, I fall back on to my mattress with a dulled thump.

         Hayley comes into my view, her eyes crinkling in worry. She places the back of her hand to my forehead before snatching it back, her worry rising by a tenfold. "You're hot!"

          "I know I am. It was only a matter of time until you agreed with me." I grin weakly. Hayley shoots me a glare, crossing her arms. "Melissa, be serious. You're dying." It's my turn to dispatch a glare to her. "God, woman. You need to work on your bedside manners." I snap.

        "Melissa, you're not an Original. Elijah will eventually heal, yes, but you won't." Hayley voices. I crease my eyebrows harshly, gritting my teeth. I whip my head sharply as I turn to her, sitting up on my elbows. "You think I don't know that? Some werewolf or hybrid bit me." I stress my words. "I know that I'm going to die. So stop rubbing it in my face."

       "I'm not rubbing it into your face ―"

        "Yes, you are. And why do you suddenly care any more, hmm?" I pause before barrelling on. "You certainly didn't care when we talked about your baby yesterday. In fact, you only started talking to me when we were kidnapped. Tell me, how much does this friendship mean to you?" I didn't know why I was speaking like this. It seems like dying brought out my mean side.

         Hayley appears lost for words, and I decide to end this conversation, this exhausting conversation we've had countless times, which never resolved our problems. If anything, it made our situation worse by going round and round in circles. "You're a liar to me. But what's worse is that you're a hypocrite, which I cannot stand. I won't take this any more. I'm done trying." I turn my head in towards my pillow, breathing heavily.