51.

*Unedited*

What is the scariest part about life?

That you have to make decisions. The decision that could change your life and the life of your loved ones.

Aaron and Mia both sat in silence as they pondered over the situation.

Mia never thought that she would be asked about her opinion. Despite Aaron being caring and understanding, most of the time an event was a surprise or Aaron's call. The ball was never on her court. A decision like this seemed to be made from the very beginning of the marriage. Wherever the groom goes bride follows.

And Mia wasn't very against it. She was having a very good time with her husband. She was sure that Aaron could provide for her and protect her and most importantly love her unconditionally, no matter wherever they are.

But could she love herself that way, after giving up what little she had? Everything she worked for. When it happened the first time, she had no choice. But this time, she has one and she wanted to be honest, with her and her husband.

Aaron never thought that Mia would deny coming with him.

But he soon realized that that assumption just meant not giving her a complete choice. He was upset but he could understand her reasons. And that was the hard part about it. But they have to work through that.

At that moment, Aaron could see a strong woman standing up for herself and her life as well as a potential crybaby on the verge of an ugly cry.

It was funny. It was sad.

She shouldn't be ashamed of her opinions and she shouldn't be stopping herself from crying in front of him.

"Mia." He called her gently and she looked up at him.
"Come here."

They were sitting in his office. He was sitting in the visitor's chair while Mia sat on the sofa, they both thought that a formal set-up would be helpful for an intense conversation.

But certainly, the distance wasn't helping anyone.

Mia walked up to him and he gathered her in his arms while settling her in his lap. She quickly hid her face in his neck, most importantly, for comfort that comes from being this close to him.

Aaron entangled his hand in her hair and tugged them so Mia couldn't hide anymore in his neck and was directly looking into his eyes, silent tears flowing down her cheeks.

Before Mia could even blink the tears away, Aaron was kissing her, hard and punishing, revealing that he was not as calm as he seemed to be. Mia whimpered before accepting the forceful kiss as a way of comfort.

Because at that moment, she was as much fucked in the mind as Aaron was.

"I can't believe that after saying that you won't come with me, you are crying. Rather I should be the one who should be bawling his eyes out." Aaron joked.

Mia didn't find it amusing. But she managed to wipe her eyes before mumbling quietly to Aaron, "Why aren't you?"

"Because...I believe in you. And I want you to come with me when you want to, not just because you have to."

"So, you are not mad?" Mia implored.

"There is nothing in this conversation to be mad about, wife. I am upset, yes, because you would be not with me, but the distance might be something that we need." Aaron replied, trying to be optimistic about the situation. And honestly, he thinks that they need some isolation to focus on what they want in life, other than being each other's life partners. Because those things also matter.

However, that doesn't mean he would want to go through an unnecessary divergence.

But, this seems inevitable and necessary, and painful.

Just like everything in life.

"Mom won't like that," Mia uttered after a moment. "If we go to her with this news, she will take it as a separation, and I don't know how she will take that."

"I am sure she will understand if we explain it to her," Aaron asserted.

"I don't know." She won't. Mia recounted as silent tears rolled down. She wanted to blame the ugly crying on her periods which was due soon. "I haven't been talking to her since.....since our wedding. And I don't think I want to talk to her let alone explain."

"I think we will figure it out." Aaron wiped out her tears and smooched lightly on her lips, " And not talking to her is not a solution, this is taking a toll on you and it isn't good."

Mia shook her head and hid her face again in his neck, but Aaron let her stay there this time. Mia didn't have any replies to Aaron's logic, and she knew that he was right.

But she knew her mother well.

She was a single independent mother, but that doesn't mean she didn't have traditional thoughts on how to raise a girl or a boy.

She would not understand why her daughter would not want to heed her husband's footsteps. Why only love wouldn't be enough to keep the marriage going? Why sacrifices couldn't be made to make things function? What's is the problem with a little bit of adjustment in your dreams for your family?

They did it and it worked for them. So, it must work for you.

These thoughts started to hurt Mia's head and the sole comfort was Aaron's hand combing through your hair and soothingly massaging her back.

"I don't want to listen to your logic anymore." She mumbled in Aaron's ear before looking at him with a childish expression with an adorable pout, "I want to eat chocolates and I wanna watch a romantic movie."

Before Aaron could say anything Mia spoke again, "A good movie and dozens of chocolate to bring back my good mood. Hmm?"

"As you wish, princess. I am sure you will also appreciate it if I prepare a full course meal of your favorite food." Aaron went along with Mia and it brought a small smile to Mia's face.

"That's not a bad idea actually. You should do it."

"Hmm, not bad?"

"Not at all."

*****