55.

*Unedited*

"I can't believe you got married for real, this is insane!!!" Priyanka exclaimed as they sat in the restaurant near her University.

It has been nearly a month since Aaron left for New York and she came back to Delhi and rejoined the college. Her marriage was a real surprise for the staff but everybody took it gracefully. Except for her best friend.

"And you are only telling me now. I had so many plans for your marriage. kept it from me for so long. I don't know what to say."

"I am sorry, baba. Everything happened so fast."
There had been days when Mia thought of calling her best friend and vent out whatever happened to her, but it just didn't seem feasible to talk to her over the phone and explain everything. And she just decided to postpone the moment of truth. Mia briefed her about her wedding and presented a less forceful version of what happened. She was sure, that Priyanka would never tolerate a marriage that happened without her consent and only for the sake of the family.

"When were you going to tell me? If I hadn't come to meet you." Priyanka asked.

"I really wanted to tell you. Just the time didn't seem right, it wasn't very good at the beginning." Mia explained.

"And now?"

"Now, I feel like the luckiest person in the world. Aaron was really caring and understanding. He is the perfect husband, he never pressured me to accept the marriage, to do something I don't want, he let me come back to Delhi because I don't want to leave the job. He cooks and he takes me to places, and he is handsome.....And I am happy." Mia blushed. It was like she was waiting for someone to ask about Aaron so she can gush about him.

"Handsome, huh?" Priyanka teased. "I am glad that it turned out well, Mia. I am happy for you too." Priyanka smiled at her.

"Thanks," Mia mumbled. "I never thought though that it will happen this way."

"Hmm, Who knew really."

*

Aaron left his meeting room, a headache forming. His company was facing an unprecedented loss and it was out of nowhere that so many problems were happening at once.

The reason for the losses was also not very clear and that was what really worrying Aaron.

He settled in his office chair, rubbing his eyes to soothe the tiredness in them. He started checking the files piled up on his desk. His secretary came in with the information of his next meeting in half an hour. He was really fed up though and half of the day was still left.

He gave her a curt nod and she left his office briskly. Lucia, his secretary was a good person and very excellent in her job, but he was uptight the whole week so everyone around him was anxious.

His phone dinged with notification and a small smile replaced the frown he was carrying all day. It was Mia's message.

Hi hubby:-)

How was your day going?

Very exhausting and dull,

But someone's message has lit it up;-)

Oh! I wonder who that is?

Don't exhaust yourself too much.

Aaron glanced at the clock, it would be nighttime in India. He pictured Mia snuggled into the blanket, her hair spread messily on her shoulder, relaxed but worried for him at the same time. He was missing her so much.

That is the most beautiful person in the world.

I won't.

And I was missing them terribly.

They were missing you terribly too.

What is it you missing specifically?

My cuddle buddy:-)

I am sure there had been some lonely nights without me.....

Ahhnn, not many though...

My wife, that was a lie.

And you can express your undeniable attraction to your husband anytime.
It's not a crime, I promise.

Sure.

Ok, I have a meeting in ten minutes.

I'll talk to you later.

Good luck,

Good night:-)

Sweet dreams;-)

*****
Hey..

I have hit writer's block so hard man.

I know this chapter is just a filler. I literally have to just force it out of my system. It's not even funny.

Hope I find motivation and write better updates.

Until then,

Kai_po_che!

*****