Chapter 1

He stands in front of a huge window of his bedroom at the Penthouse on the 45th floor of the building. This Penthouse has been his home after he decided to leave the Dewan house. He has no remorse. Sidharth lived here even before the death of Sourav Dewan. He moved here after joining the Dewan Groups.
It feels comfortable here. He doesn't have to see the faces who were perhaps responsible for his loss of the three years of his life. He doesn't have to see the eyes that look at him with suspicion.

Here he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. But he is lonely here. That's what surprises him. He looks around the walls of the bedroom. Nothing has changed. Everything is pretty much the same. Saivi di and Dida had made sure of it.

He smiles,
"Deware nahi badalti kabhi,
Badal ta toh insaan hain.
Kabhi jo bheed se dur bhaag the,
Aaj wo akele rehne se ghab rate hain.

Deware kabhi nahi badalti hai.
Badal toh kismat jati hai.
Kal tak jo koi raja tha,
Woh bhi ek din raaston ki khak chante hai."

That's the truth. He is a changed man today. Once Sidharth had left that mansion to stay alone in this Penthouse. And today he finds himself lonely in this 4 bhk. Once the whole world was in his hands and today he has nothing, not even his identity.

With the first rays of sun and beep sounds of alarm, the cover is lifted and a guy gets off from the bed and shuts it down. He is in his boxers only. He is tall, has a great physique and is incredibly handsome. He picks up the robe and puts it on. He looks behind at the bed. There's a lady asleep and the duvet is not really hiding her ample bosom. He picks up the alarm and sets it up and places it near her head. It starts to beep and the woman sits up with a jolt, pulling the duvet closer to cover her bare body.

"What the f*** was that?"
"So you are up. Good! Now sweetheart please leave."
"What? You have such a sense of humour!"
She pulls the duvet and comes closer to him. She puts her one arm around his neck and says, "You look hot. I would love to eat you up right now. But you see, I am starving. Can we have breakfast now? Then we can.."

He removes her arm, picks up the pile of her clothes and puts it on her hand.
"Sweetheart, you can have your breakfast at your place. I don't have any spare time to be with you right now. Now get out of my bed. Hurry up. Get your ass moving. Go."
"This is not how you treat a woman with whom you just made love."
"Right.. right.. But you see, Seema.."
"Tina.."
"Yeah Tina, Sidharth Dewan only had s*x with you. He didn't make love as he doesn't believe in the concept of love. So stop teaching all those sh*t and f**k off."

Sidharth drinks his protein shake after he has completed his exercise at his home gym. He stands at the window and looks at the buildings across. He has the credit of planning, owning or selling most of them. He basically owns most of the towers in this city of Joy, Kolkata. And still he has nothing. Only a handful of people to call as his own. He truly cares for them and they love him too. Rest are selfish and are only around him for their own interests.

The Mercedes Benz S Class car stops in front of an office building. As soon as the door opens, he in a designer grey suit jacket, sky blue shirt, a dark blue tie and an expensive watch gets down. He removes his sunglasses and enters the building. People stand up as soon as he walks in the lobby. He is soon joined by his personal assistant and his old friend Rahul Ghosh who steps after him into the elevator.

"You have a meeting with the Financiers at 1 pm. You will meet the CEO of the Japanese company on Video conferencing at 4 pm. The meeting with Mr. Nitin Saha is at 5pm."
Sidharth nods his head, "When is the meeting with the Chief Minister?"
"Today at 10:30 am. All the papers are ready. If you get her to sanction the land, we can start working on the project. It will be a big one for the company."
Sidharth smiles, "You still have doubts on me? I know what CM wants. I will give her what she needs and she will give me what I want. I don't lose. You know that don't you?"