𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐋

MADISON

"Got everything you need?" Aaron asked, handing me my suitcase that he has been carrying out throughout the airport, at least before I had to check in and he couldn't pass anymore.

"Yep," I said popping the 'p', not sure how much of a goodbye this has to be.

My mother had called me a few days ago since my birthday was coming shortly and I was going to stay in San Diego for it. Therefore we decided I would visit her for less than a week and come then come back to Aaron's house, the place I had been calling my home for the past four months now.

"Ok, then I'll see you in a few days," Aaron smiled, making my own light up. I wanted to go see my Mom, but I also tremendously wanted to fuck Aaron in the airplane and then talk to him about every little passenger and what their lives could be about.

I grabbed his face before I could think, bringing his lips down to mine and enveloping my arms around his neck. He was warm even though the autumn weather had been colder the past few days. His arms tightly wrapped around my waist as he kissed me. Not like a 'goodbye', not like a 'see you again'. Just like a 'I'll be waiting for you'.

We pulled apart and I sighed against his lips, grinning like a stupid idiot because this man made me grin like I was on a drug.

"I'll be waiting for you, doll." I grinned even more at his endearment, for it wasn't the usual 'babe', 'honey'. It hinted to what we did inside closed doors, but it was also more than that.

It was our way to show our love.

———

"Mom, the fucking pan in going to burn like that," I nodded toward the pan with whatever the hell she thought she was cooking.

"I should have been a cook, you know," she grinned proudly pealing the skin of the potatoes, still not moving the pan so as not to burn anything.

"If you had decided to be a cook there wouldn't even be a roof on top of our heads. The closest thing to a cook you could be is if you sold hot dogs on the street." My mother laughed, now moving the pan and moving it side to side as if to feel like a real cook doing that.

"How was San Diego?" she asked.

"Good, very good. I needed the change. The work is amazing, better then I had imagined. The people I have met, the house, Aaron. They've all treated me excellent," I answered, hiding the stupid grin also talking about Aaron brought in my face.

"And I have eaten something more than pizza," I whispered, making her lightly slap my arm.

"I'm cooking, and it's looking incredible, don't you think?" she said, pointing to what I know knew it was chicken on the pan.

"Sure, Ma," I patted her shoulder.

"So how have you been doing without me, without...Dad?" I asked, perching myself on the small island, knowing she hated when I did so, for she had to clean it right after, 'my ass was full of shit', as she liked to say, only because I didn't frigging know how to clean my ass when I was a kid. That is undoubtedly one of the most embarrassing memories in my existence, one Aaron couldn't stop laughing about once I told him about it.

"You may think I'm gonna say I started Pilates class or yoga or some shit like that every widower says." I knew my Mom was probably not doing Pilates or yoga, or anything of the sort, from the personality she had, that's why I asked.

"I've been going back to my high school routes," she grinned.

"And what's that?" There wasn't one thing my Mom hadn't done and enjoyed in high school.