lxxxii

Sunday roast extended until the late afternoon, everyone being too caught up in conversation and too full to actually move and head back to their homes. Charlie was the one who left first since he had to apparate back to the dragon sactuary and always got nervous when it came to apparation but after him, the others followed quickly. Along with her mum, her brother, Harry, Sirius, Ali and Teddy, Madeleine went back to her mum's house.

"You should go and see your aunt because you will be making our lives so much easier if some days a week he can stay with you as well," Cressida said once they arrived.

"I don't mind at all, Dora and Remus trusted me to take care of him and that's what I intend to do," Maddie's gaze remained settled in the family pictures around the house.

"So, Fred," Cressida took a seat on the couch, patting the space next to her so that Maddie could sit down, the others doing the same.

"What about him?"

"Madeleine, don't play dumb," Cressida said softly.

"What should I be feeling mum? I don't know," Maddie groaned. "I guess a part of didn't mean it when I told him that I wanted him to move on but he looked so happy with her and I can't take that away from him!"

"He's a bloody idiot, that's what he is," Sirius scoffed, while bouncing Teddy on his lap. "He should have left her the moment he saw you were back."

"Don't be a git Pads, I just hope he is really as happy as he seems," Maddie's breath caught up in her throat. "That's all I want and that's all I could ever ask for. For him to be happy."

"Mads, he's with Angelina-"

"I know he is Alicia and people change, I've changed so perhaps she has as well and I hope that's what he saw in her," Madeleine closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"She's a bitch," Timothée scoffed.

"Well, so am I," Maddie crossed her arms over her chest.

"Not like her, she's mean and rude to everyone and that's why Molly doesn't let her come to Sunday roast," Cressida explained.

"What?"

"Fred brought her once and she only said horrible things about you," Alicia added. "My theory is that she has him under a love potion or something of the sort."

"It's none of my business anymore so I'm staying as far from Angelina as I can, I didn't come back to get involved in boy drama," Maddie chuckled dryly.

"Mads, he still loves you, we all know it and perhaps if you talk-"

"I won't Harry, I won't be the one who breaks up an engagement-"

"But if he knew how you truly felt about him-"

"Don't start, I'm tired and I wanna go home," she stood up abruptly. "Tomorrow I'll go buy baby stuff and adapt the spare room in my flat for Teddy."

"Don't stress about it ma belle," Cressida smiled.

"You know what, let's phone Liz and we'll have a sleepover at your place," Alicia stood up as well.

"Ali-"

"Please," the brunette pleaded.

"Fine, but tell her to bring wine because I'm out," Maddie kissed her mum's cheek and Teddy's forehead before stepping into the fireplace. "And plenty of it."

Once Alicia and Madeleine were back in the blonde's place, they changed into oversized t-shirts and panties and sat with the telly on while they waited for Lizzie to arrive. A loud knock on the door echoed through the flat and Lizzie stood on the doorway with her pajamas on while carrying three large bags full of snacks and wine bottles.