two

Uncertainty

During your 17 years of life, you had always lived an average life

During your 17 years of life, you had always lived an average life. You didn't want to stand out, though you didn't want to be underestimated as much.

That was why when Gojo talked with your mother that night, you found that your whole world changed within an hour. The world you lived in was no longer about school, socializing or even work.

No, it was now staying alive from monsters trying to destroy the planet. Sounds like a movie plot, huh?

Your family was no longer the lovely normal one you'd thought it to be. Your father was another sorcerer who ran and started a family, only for karma to hit him right as you were born. Your mother tried to hide the truth though it finally came to light after finding out about you and Gojo.

Your school? Nonexistent. Your grades meant shit now.

Your friends? Probably dead if they found out about this.

All within an hour.

"Oh my god, my life is falling apart right before my eyes," You sighed underneath your breath.

You both sat on a bench in front of a supermarket. Your legs had started to ache from wandering, so you decided to look for a place to rest. It was brightly lit, different from the gloomy night outside.

The sounds of crickets lingered in the silent night, its cold air slightly making you shiver. Suddenly, Gojo nervously chuckled,

"The school isn't bad! My students there are welcoming. Oh, and you'll have me as your teacher too!"

Casting a side-eyed glance, you frowned as he weirdly gestured his hands.

"You look like a pervert," you softly mumbled.

"Huh, what?" He asked, trying to confirm what he just heard.

"I'm gonna get my clothes," You grunted, eyes puffy,

"Are you just going to sit there?"

He eyed you with surprise. He was astonished at how quickly you got back up on your feet. He didn't waste time to reply.

"Alright then, let's go."

He said, standing up from the creaking wooden bench.

* * * *

In the end, you didn't get any rest except on the bus to your new school. You could see several women and young girls staring at Gojo beside you. You weren't sure whether it was because of his looks or his peculiar outfit, although it was probably the latter since you could barely make out his face.

You didn't have the appetite to eat anything. After all, you'd spent the night picking yourself back up. A few pieces were still scattered, but you let them be. You'd come back to them later.