Fifty-Three

It was a surprise when Aries wasn't hit with a full blown meltdown from her mother, or getting a beat down by her when she got back with Regulus from school.

Aries was expecting at least a slap or hit of some sort, but nothing. Only her mothers wish for the two to go upstairs to their rooms and that was it.

"Did she have a stroke or something?" Regulus whispered as the two made their way up to Aries room.

"Worse, mother and father are throwing a Christmas Party again. Though mother and father aren't on speaking terms right now." Aries caught on as she went through her mothers head.

"Not on speaking terms?" Regulus questioned as they both got up the staircase and left to their own bedrooms. "Well what happened?" He asked.

"Father...he...Reg, it's fine. You don't need to worry about it, we can talk later." Aries told him before walking into her room and shutting the door.

Aries sighed as she looked around her green and black bedroom. She had always preferred red, the color always seemed to make her feel herself.

She was all over red for its confidence, not ever feeling self-conscious. It made her feel bold and like a women, proud and happy

Though her parents thoughts were only on pride for the Slytherin house. Only for green and black.

This didn't make Aries snap, it wasn't why she decided to repaint and redo her bedroom. It was because it gave her something to do, plus she could always get her house elf, Ellie to place a charm on it to keep it there.

Kreacher didn't necessarily like Aries for some reasons she didn't know, but she loved Ellie and Ellie loved her.

Aries decided on painting her walls a black color from top to bottom, keeping her ceiling the same as well and replacing the rugged black flooring with nice black wooden planks.

On one wall was a short red dresser, and on her window wall was a vanity dresser.

Her bed was trimmed with white, a mini bookshelf hiding behind the pillows of her red covered bed.

Underneath the bed laid a crimson red carpet, matching the crimson lamp on the night stand beside the bed. Aries took her time to hang up her photos, even creating a collage of taped moving photos all over one of her rolling mirrors, which hid her closet.

Aries called Ellie once she was done, a smile on her face when the house elf arrived.

"Madame Black, you called." Ellie bowed so low, the tip of her nose almost hit the wooden planks. Once the elf had pulled back up, she was caught between terrified and in awe.

"I know, mother will kill me. But I couldn't help myself." Aries admitted.

"Green was never your color anyway." Ellie said lowly, winking at Aries making the girl giggle.

"Since I can't do magic yet. I would like you to use the permanent sticking charm on the room." Aries asked Ellie.

"Are you sure Miss Black? Once I cast the spell, it cannot be undone. You won't be able to change it once I've cast it." Ellie asked.

"I won't be staying long enough to change it." Aries stated simply.

Ellie snapped her finger hesitantly, but they both knew the charm was cast when a glitter set upon the bedroom then disappeared.

Without being asked, the house elf snapped her fingers once more, making the paint cans and brushes vanish.

"Thank you, Ellie, that will be all." Aries told the house elf, in which she bowed, once more until the tip barely touched the floor boards and she disappeared.