Splinter x Mom reader

Requested by @Sally512

Title: News

Notes: (h/n)= husband's name
(d/n)= daughter's name

I actually knew about the turtles and Splinter way before anyone else did. I know it seems unlikely, but it's true. April wasn't the first person they'd ever seen growing up. I was. And, Tang Shen wasn't Splinter's last love.

I am.

"Baby, run! Run!" I stared in horror at the man in front of me- my husband- who had just been shot by three different men that all looked exactly the same. With his last few seconds, we embraced and muttered our goodbyes as the life faded out of his eyes. He kissed my belly gently before falling back, his hand falling limp in mine as the tears began to fall.

"Should we annihilate the one that is known as the wife of (h/n)?" My eyes widened and I stood up, holding my slightly swollen stomach protectively as I glanced down at my husband again. The three men looked at each other and shrugged, simultaneously grabbing their guns and aiming straight at me.

"No, please! I'm pregnant!" I immediately begged as I began stepping backwards, holding my hands out as if that would protect me even by a little. All I knew was that I had to protect my baby- screw myself. If my husband was dead than I only had one job and that was to make sure that my baby stayed alive- no matter what happened to me.

"Congratulations." One of the men spoke before they all reloaded, re-aiming at me again. Before anything else could be done, there was a groan from behind me and a man shot past me, covered in glowing in shiny green liquid. Turning around to see where he had come from, I saw there was more green stuff on the ground, covering four little turtles that were still on the ground. Gasping, I twisted my head around and saw the man was now standing alone, the men revealed to be robots by the way their heads were gone and there was no blood around their gaping chests.

"Thank you." I said softly as I made my way over to the turtles and reached down, carefully picking them up. Thankfully, I realized all of them were still alive. With a small smile, I turned back to the man, who was now on the ground, convulsing in pain as the green goo pulsed all over his body. I looked around for anything to help him, but then realized there were cop sirens coming from down the street, the red and blue lights already visible as they bounced off the brick walls around us.

With a grunt, I threw the man's arm over my shoulder and nudged him forward, whispering careful words in his ears as we stumbled down the opposite side of the dark alleyway.

It was three days before I saw any of the five figures that had entered my house again. As soon as we reached my apartment, the man grabbed the turtles and locked them and himself in one of the bathrooms. I immediately heard the water running but then all sound ended.

For three days, I heard nothing as I wandered around, trying to figure out what to do now. My husband was a very successful doctor and we had a lot of money saved up, so that was not an issue- but I was worried about the man in my bathroom that hadn't said anything since I'd first met him.

I didn't even know his name.

When the third day came, I heard the bathroom lock click open.

I was sitting in the dining room when it happened, nursing a cup of black tea. As soon as it sounded, I stood up and walked over to the door, knocking gently as I turned the handle.

"He-" I cut myself off at the sight of the empty bathroom and open window. There were slight remnants of the green on the floor, but that wasn't what caught my eye. It was a note, written on the mirror with the steam that had obviously been simmering since the day the water went on. Though the note was clearly disappearing, I was able to read it just as it disappeared, the cold New York air taking the lettering with it out the window.