Chapter 62 - Awkward Conversation

Saturday morning arrives, and Kara and Lena are happily cuddled together in Lena's bedroom, still fast asleep. The two women are completely wrapped around one another, with Kara acting as the big spoon, wrapping her arms around Lena's body, then at the same time, the couple have their legs intertwined. This sleeping position may be an uncomfortable one for some people, but for Kara and Lena, they both don't seem to be able to get close enough to one another, or just simply get enough of one another. In fact, Kara and Lena's sleeping position currently is different to Alex and Sam's a few miles away in Alex's apartment. Sam and Alex are cuddled in Alex's bed, but they are not completely wrapped around each other, instead Alex is laying on her back, with Sam resting her head on Alex's body, while Alex has an arm over Sam. Either way, both the couples find their sleeping situation to be very relaxing for them.

It is now currently around 7AM in the morning, still a bit too early to be up and awake on a Saturday. Kara and Lena are then disturbed by the pitter patter of feet coming into Lena's bedroom. Kara, being the one with super hearing, is the first to wake up and look around to check the noise.

"Hmmm." Kara yawns, rubbing her eyes to look around the room.

As Kara looks around the room, she spots Alura near the doorway holding a teddy bear from her room.

"Alura, what are you doing up?" Kara asks, quietly, not wanting to wake Lena.

"I woke up to go pee, but when I went back to bed.... Ruby was taking up a lot of the space." Alura explains.

Kara smiles at her daughter, lovingly.

"Really? I don't see how a 12-year-old girl can take up all the space in a double bed." Kara smirks, watching her daughter come closer.

Alura bites her lip nervously, clearly realising that her lie has been caught out by Kara.

"Alura, did you just wake up and want to come cuddle with me and momma?" Kara asks, deciding not to be too mean, even though her daughter just lied to her.

"Y... yes..." Alura says, nodding her head, shyly.

Kara chuckles.

"Hmmm, you did just lie to me, so maybe I shouldn't encourage that by letting you sleep up here with us." Kara teases.

Alura's eye's go wide, with a sad look also appearing on her face.

"Kara, let Alura up her." Lena mumbles, clearly having woken up at some point, even though she didn't make a move to show it.

Kara chuckles again, moving her head over to Lena and placing a kiss on her girlfriend's forehead; Lena just hums happily in response.

"Alright then, come on, hop up." Kara smiles at her daughter.

Alura smiles back at Kara and quickly hops onto the bed, landing on top of Kara.

"Oof." Kara says, "You are lucky I'm Kryptonian and that doesn't hurt. You should be more careful next time."

"Sorry, mommy." Alura says.

Alura moves up to the bed, closer to Kara and Lena's heads, and then she just looks hesitantly at both of the women, who are still snuggled up together, with there being no space between them for her to go into. Alura is clearly attempting to make a decision as to who she wants to sleep next to, as it looks like she can't sleep next to them both.

"Do you want to sleep between us?" Kara asks, not liking the idea of Alura having to choose who she wants to sleep next to between her and Lena. Kara is pretty sure Alura would choose Lena, and she isn't sure how she might feel about that, even if she'd totally agree with Alura's choice.