Chapter 6

There was a pause in the conversation. Aerilyn saw something flash in her eyes, there was a picture of Aerilyn and Nilsa together, they were happy, embracing each other. But together together. That was strange. Aerilyn had heard of vampires having extra powers, maybe she could see other people's destinies  if that was even possible, but it made no sense as to why Aerilyn was seeing it and with what little she knew, it confused her.

'Did you see that?' Aerilyn asked, trying to shake the image off, rubbing her forehead, not making any sense of it.

The brown haired girl came and stood near, Solenne, looked between them and stared at the brown haired girl as if they were communicating. She stepped back as if repulsed by the vision, while Nilsa lowered her head.

'This conversation is over' Solenne's mood had changed very quickly, it was as if she was angry, but she didn't take it out on Aerilyn, she simply wanted this conversation to end. Her eyes had turned red but she masked it well, it was a different shade of red.

Nilsa seemed to cower in submission to Solenne, bowing at her again but Aerilyn wasn't sure why. Maybe this was their way of submitting to people more powerful than them, but she needed answers and this was her only chance to find out what would happen to them.

"No it's not, you never answered my question" Aerilyn defiantly spoke, her voice becoming louder as she said it.

Aerilyn tried to grab a hold of Solenne, but as fast as she reached for her, Solenne threw her causing her to crash into one of the aisles, hitting the side of her head, causing it to have a cut, it all happened in a blink of an eye.

Aerilyn slowly lifted her hand to her head and looked at the blood on her hand, shock coursing through her system.

Aerilyn gasped, tears threatening to spill over, her eyes became glassy.

"Insolence! I will not be spoken to or demanded by you a mere human girl of all people" Solenne stated.

Aerilyn flinched as Solenne took a step closer, noticing how scared the human girl was, causing her to stop, stray tears fell down Aerilyn's face.

Her heart was pounding.

Solenne's eyes flashed from gold to red and back as if she couldn't handle her emotions.

Solenne towered above Aerilyn, her guards watching in disbelief that a human had tried to grab her, but also that she hadn't punished the girl more.

Solenne bent down.

"Next time you disrespect me there will be consequences" she asserted.

Aerilyn stayed silent after she had said that and lowered her head.

"Great now all the rogues in the area will be able to smell her blood and the guards will find it hard to control themselves, even i'm finding it hard" Nilsa whined.

But Solenne had already turned around and was walking out towards the exit, out into the now pouring rain. Not even saying good bye. Aerilyn didn't know why she cared, but she did and  hated herself for it. She had inflicted this pain on her and Aerilyn was the one who felt bad.

Nilsa helped Aerilyn up and pushed her towards the door as well, Aerilyn wiped the tears away and tried to pull herself together.

'There are rogues in the area, we need to leave' she ushered Aerilyn out.

"How do you know?" Aerilyn questioned.

"Because I can sense them, my hearing is excellent" she replied smirking.

"Get your hands off of me" Aerilyn squealed as she grabbed her, moving faster.

"Keep quiet" she gritted.