𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝗛𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬

FAMILY HISTORY
"𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝗂𝗌 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖿𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗈𝗋 𝖲𝖾𝗅𝗐𝗒𝗇?"

—WALKING INTO THE DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASSROOM, ALEXANDRIA DIDN'T LOOK AWAY FROM THE NEW PROFESSOR AS SHE SAT DOWN

—WALKING INTO THE DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASSROOM, ALEXANDRIA DIDN'T LOOK AWAY FROM THE NEW PROFESSOR AS SHE SAT DOWN. She was one of the few students early, which she was thankful for. The Professor was grading papers, not noticing the student looking at him.

He had black hair, brown eyes, and a chiseled jawline.

He was actually quite good looking, and judging by the way the few Hufflepuffs were staring at him, Alexandria knew they thought so too.

She rolled her eyes at them and leaned back on her chair.

A few minutes later, the students were all in class.

Their new Professor had told them to split into pairs, which was what everybody was doing.

"It's alright," Draco walked up to her with a grin. "I'll be your partner."

"What makes you think I want you to be my partner?" sneered Alexandria.

"Because Parkinson and Greengrass are each other's partners and you hate everyone else?"

She rolled her eyes, but didn't have time to reply as Professor Selwyn said, "Mister Malfoy, you're partners with Potter."

Draco's eyes widened in horror. "Potter?"

Professor Selwyn nodded calmly. "Yes. Miss Slytherin—" he looked at her for a few seconds and continued, "—you'll be partners with Miss Abbot."

"You're partnering me up with a Hufflepuff?" Alexandria asked, not knowing if she heard him correctly.

"Is there something wrong with Hufflepuffs?"

"No," she shook her head. "Of course not."

"That was the greatest lesson ever!" exclaimed Pansy as soon as the trio walked out of class.

Daphne nodded enthusiastically. "Professor Selwyn is so nice. He even taught us some new spells that we wouldn't be taught until 7th year!"

"Am I the only one suspicious of him?" Alexandria joined in with a frown.

She was ignored as the other two walked in front of her and continued talking in enthusiasm.

Alexandria stopped walking with a sigh and walked the other way, wanting to pay the library a visit.

There was something that wasn't adding up, and Alexandria had to know what it was.

Draco looked up from the book in his hands when he noticed Alexandria walking into the library.

Her hair was tied up into a bun, but her green strands of hair were out. She was also now wearing a green skirt with a black sweater, instead of her Slytherin robes.

"Are you searching for this?" He finally asked, nodding towards the book in his hands.

Alexandria looked at him. "You're searching for the same thing I'm searching?"

"If you're searching for the Selwyn's family history, yes I am. If you're not.. you haven't seen me with this book."

She rolled her eyes, but leaned over his shoulder, looking at the book.

The book showed every pureblood family, showing which family was died out and which was alive.

It also updates itself whenever a pureblood family dies out, which is why it was a great way to find out whether Professor 'Selwyn' was actually a Selwyn or not.

"So, they are died out.." mused Alexandria, finally realizing how there were no Selwyns left.

"Who do you reckon it could be?"

Draco shrugged. "It's not a Metamorphmagus.."

"How would you know that?" she asked.

"Whenever a Metamorphmagus changes its form, there is a small part of them that doesn't change. For example, when Professor McGonagall changes into her animagus form, she still has circles around her eyes as she wears glasses when she's human. Metamorphmagus have been proven to have the same thing." Draco explained, then frowned. "Do you think it's a spy from the light side? Dumbledore's spy?"

"I doubt it. The only thing that would make sense is Dumbledore had stumbled upon the man, who claimed to be a Selwyn, and threatened him to either join him or be killed. That's what he did to the other Selwyns."

He frowned further, in thought. "But why would anyone want to be threatened to join the light?"

Alexandria's face slowly changed as if she realized what was happening. "Because Umbridge is dead. Whoever 'Selwyn' is, he wanted to take the Defense Against the Dark Arts post. He wanted this to happen."

"But for what? Is he a spy of the dark side?"

"No," she shook her head. "If father was going to send a spy, he would've told me."

Draco nodded, knowing she was right.

Alexandria frowned, pointing to the book. "Isn't that book from the restricted section? Because if it is, you ought to put it back before Madam Pince realizes."

He stood up and nodded again. "I'll be right back."

"So, Professor Selwyn isn't a dark spy. He isn't a light spy, either." Draco continued as they started to walk around the castle. "He wanted to be the Defense teacher.. but why didn't he just ask Dumbledore instead of going as far as claiming a fake name?"

"Maybe he wanted Dumbledore to remember his name and face!" exclaimed Alexandria, connecting the dots. "That would make sense, wouldn't it?"

He nodded, also connecting the dots. "Who did Dumbledore ruin?"

"The only person that comes to my mind is my father, but the wards around this castle do not let him come near. It's impossible that it's him."

"Even if he changed his last name?"

"He wouldn't do that, but yes. Even if he changed his appearance and everything."

Draco sighed. "So, the question remains.. who is Professor Selwyn?"