eleven

y/n pov - the following day

as you opened your eyes, expecting to be in your new york apartment, you remembered the past 24 hours. namjoon let you sleep in the guest room he had in his apartment, which you didn't complain about as it was quite big. the bed could fit at least two people and the view was great.

you hadn't even known he had his own apartment up until a few weeks ago when he'd told you where you'd be staying.

the sound of someone rummaging around in another room caught your attention. you crawled out of bed and quickly grabbed a cardigan which you put on. you didn't care to change out of your pajamas.

namjoon's apartment was very large, which wasn't a surprise since he earned a lot of money. the guest bedroom was located by the living room and as soon as you exited, you found yourself in a small nook that had a door across from the one leading to your bedroom. it was a bathroom, you'd noted when opening it.

as you walked out into the living space, you immediately spotted namjoon by the kitchen part. the living room and kitchen was fused together, only separated by a dining table between them. the kitchen was on the right side of the large room while the living room was on the left.

" good morning, " you mumbled as you walked up to the kitchen island.

you sat down in one of the two chairs by it.

" morning, " namjoon responded, clearly concentrating on whatever he was cooking.

you kept your eyes at him as he walked around, grabbing things here and there. namjoon had told you he'd learned to cook better in the last few years, especially since he was now living alone.

" what are you making? " you asked after a few minutes.

" egg rolls. aand, they're finished, " he murmured.

your eyes traveled to the plate he had in front of him. the food on them wasn't familiar to you at all. however, it looked delicious. namjoon grabbed the plate and put it down between you and himself as he sat down on the stool to your left.

" i'm so hungry, " you mumbled, staring at the egg rolls.

he chuckled as he put a smaller plate in front of you, and then himself. you poured some orange juice up in a glass that he'd placed on the counter as well before taking a couple of egg rolls.

the food was gone in a few minutes, and it had been delicious. after only having eaten airplane food, you'd been starved and had practically swallowed your breakfast.

" you really were hungry, " he laughed.

" yeah, " you replied with a small smile.

before you could protest, he took your plate and his and put them in the dishwasher.

" i could've taken my own plate, you know, " you stated as you got up from the stool.

he shrugged. " well, i did it. "

" are we doing anything today by the way? " you asked, ignoring his response to your previous statement. you stretched your arms above your head.

" since it's already 12.30 pm, we won't have a lot of time. but maybe a walk to the nearest grocery store, i need to buy some things anyway. "

for some reason you hadn't checked the time since you woke up and you were shocked to say the least.

" i usually don't sleep for that long. " you let out a sigh. " but the grocery store sounds good, although i need to change. "

he nodded just before you turned around and walked back into the bedroom. after arriving during the night you hadn't bothered to unpack, so your suitcase was on the floor with some things scattered around it.

letting out a deep breath, you rummaged around until you found a pair of jeans and a knitted sweater. you quickly changed out of your pajamas, into the clothes you'd chosen. just as you were about to leave, you spotted the gift you'd brought for him since his birthday had been a month ago.

you quickly grabbed it and walked back into the living space. namjoon had change as well, now seated on the couch. he was watching the tv.

" hey, " you said rather awkwardly, holding the wrapped up gift behind your back.

as he turned to look at you, you walked up to the couch with quick steps and handed him the gift without a word.

" for your birthday, " you explained at his puzzled expression.

" you didn't have to get me anything, " he replied softly. " but thank you. "

you kept a close eye on him as he began opening the gift. he realized it was a book pretty soon, and once he turned it around his face lit up.

" i've wanted to read this for a while, thank you. " he smiles at you warmly.

you gladly returned the smile. " yeah you mentioned it during a call a few months ago. "

" i can't believe you remembered, " he murmured as he put it on the coffee table.

you shrugged as you leaned into the couch. people could be heard from the street as his window was open. you obviously couldn't understand anything they were saying due to your knowledge in korean didn't exist.

" should we get going? " namjoon suddenly asked.

" sure, " you replied, standing up as well.

two hours later

with a groan, you slumped down on namjoon's couch. a few seconds later, he joined you. after grocery shopping for a long time, you both were exhausted.

" that was tiring, " you mumbled between two yawns.

" yeah, " he agreed, closing his eyes for a second.

you did the same, resting your head against one of the pillows.

" this feels surreal, " you stated.

" why? " he questioned.

" i don't know. " you replied with a sigh. " it just feels so surreal. in a good way. "

namjoon chuckled lowly. the two of you were slightly awkward when it came to physical contact. after getting to know each other online for 4 months, it felt strange. you'd hugged him when you saw him at the airport, but beyond that, none of you dared to try anything. for some reason, even thinking about it made you nervous.

" why don't we have a movie night? " you proposed after a while of silence.

" i'd love that. " namjoon mumbled in response from his corner of the couch.

you smiled softly to yourself as you looked over at him. you were starting to notice smaller details about his appearance. the way his eyes lit up whenever he got excited about something or how he used his hands when explaining something important. you found yourself fond of those habits.

" what do you want for dinner? " he suddenly asked, snapping you out of your thoughts.

" i'm in your country, aren't i? " you replied. " i trust your ability to cook or order food. "

" a surprise then, " he whispered.

" yes, a surprise. " you replied in a whisper, inching ever so slightly closer to him.

-

a/n: i'm watching black widow today and i'm so excited