Chapter 1 - See You After School

Word Count : 2857

Life is strange and sometimes we need to expect the unexpecting

---

I had been getting ready for school when I heard Shigure talking outside. I knew it wasn't anyone that was living with us because Yuki was upstairs and Shigure wasn't one to talk to himself this much. Curiosity getting the better of me, I head in the direction of the noise.

"What is going on over here?" I ask, seeing the door open. I stick my head through the door. Outside Shigure was talking to a girl from my class.

"That makes me feel close to you. After all, I'm a year of the dog-" Shigure says before getting cut off by Yuki dropping his bag on his head.

"Ow!"

"Yuki don't do that. Come on, be nicer." I say coming out onto the porch. Whenever there was any argument or disagreement I was always the one who had to stop it or else it would get out of control.

"Lay off the inappropriate flirting." Yuki orders, removing his bag from Shigure's head. "Are you alright Honda-san? Did my cousin pull any funny business?" Yuki asked.

"Sohma-kun, Sato-san! Good morning." She says, shocked to see us. I guess she didn't think that we were the ones living here.

"That hurt. Did you pack a dictionary or something?" Shigure asks, massaging his head.

"Two in fact." Yuki answers.

"Good morning." I smile.

"Oh do you three know each other?" Shigure wonders looking between the three of us.

"This is Tohru Honda. She is in mine and Yuki's class." I explained.

"I'm Tohru Honda. Nice to meet you." She says looking over at Shigure.

"Oh. Well I'm Shigure Sohma, Yuki's cousin." he introduces.

"Say, what brings you around here?" Yuki asked, normally people didn't come around this area unless it was family or the delivery guy.

"Uh... er... I live nearby." She answered, panicking a bit.

"You live around here?" I repeated, confused.

"Well I'll be going." She says she starts running off.

"Honda-san!" Yuki called out. She stops running and turns to look at us. "Since you are here, why don't the three of us walk to school together?"

The three of us walked together along the streets in silence as no one knew what to say. The wind was rather strong and my hair would keep flying in front of my face. I had trouble watching where I was going and it was beginning to get on my nerves.

"Do you want a ribbon?" I looked over at Honda and she was handing me a set of blue ribbons that she had.

"Don't you need them?" I asked her. She shook her head and pointed to the ones already in her hair. 

"I have lots of them."

"Alright, thank you." I was grateful for her gesture.

---

Today was definitely strange. Ever since running into her this morning in front of the house she has not left my thoughts. No one lives near our house and I could not figure out what was going on. Since the day was over, I made my way down the stairs to the lockers to change my shoes. As I was walking I saw Honda-san making her way down the halls.

"Honda-san!" I waved at her. She smiles and waves back.

"Oh. Hello, Sato-san." she says, stopping so I could catch up to her.