Can't You See Me?

Taehyung, Alpha

Taehyung, Alpha

Jungkook, Omega

Jungkook, Omega

Jaebum, Alpha(I'm sorry for using him, but his was the first name I thought of

Jaebum, Alpha
(I'm sorry for using him, but his was the first name I thought of.)

/ / /

Listen. I started editing this, but I've decided to just post two versions. My new version is going to be very different, I'm going for a more realistic or even mature approach. The original version is (maybe too pointedly) very Wattpad-esque. I already changed the first chapter, so that is gone forever. I am publishing all of this as is and will be working on changing the chapters in a separate version. I still like my old version and don't want it gone forever, so that's the reason for the two versions.

I move slowly through the hall, the bell making everyone fill the space from wall to wall. I can't see through the people gathered in the hallway, a side effect of my height disadvantage, but I can smell my boyfriend somewhere ahead of me.

Judging by the bubbly tinge to his scent, he can see me struggling, and he's amused.

I bite down on my sigh.
Sometimes I wish he would help me, use his status to make everyone let me through or even lift a finger to help me in any way. I have to keep my thoughts to myself, though. He didn't like me bringing it up in the past.

"Jungkook!" A classmate calls. He pauses his conversation and walks towards me in the slowly emptying hallway.

"Taehyung." I greet simply. "Hello." I glance at him.

Taehyung towers over me in a way that doesn't look comfortable, close to me due to lack of space, trying to stay out of the two streaming line of people walking, and craning his neck to look down at me.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He asks softly. Taehyung always speaks softly, like he only has one volume, unless he screaming. It's almost like he lowers his voice to make you listen, just to burst your ear drums the very next second.
To be safe, in case he's in a screaming mood, I back up a step.

"He's over there somewhere." I step slowly now, not minding talking to Taehyung. "Making my life harder."

Someone pushes me backwards, and Taehyung snaps at them.

"Sorry man." The person apologizes, and Taehyung steps back. I clear my throat and look away to hide my cheeks, clenching my stomach to distract myself from my thoughts.

"Thank you." I say, maybe a little too curtly. I've gotten good at trying to keep the emotion out of my voice.

"Ah, don't worry about it. I probably shouldn't have snapped at him, I'm sure it was an accident."

I huff. "Maybe you're a bit too trusting."

Taheyung hums thoughtfully. "I like to call it hopeful. But maybe I'm too hopeful."

"Forever the optimist." I agree, holding my binder to my chest. I wonder if you'd be able to see my heartbeat, I say to him in my head, if you looked down. I hope he can't see the thought in my eyes when I look at him.

"I'll take that over pessimism any day." Taehyung waves at one of his artsy friends, and I glance at the girl curiously.

"Do you like her?" I ask.

"Oh, no. We're just working on a project together in art. She's pretty cool. I mean, not like traditionally cool, but she's an interesting person." Taehyung starts rambling a bit, and clamps his mouth shut decisively, visibly embarrassed.

"No, it's okay. It's nice having someone to talk to, and I think it's interesting when you ramble. It's like hearing the thoughts directly from your head." I reassure him, kicking my shoe against the tile floor.

"If you say so." Taehyung smiles, a bit strained, and I shrug.

"Bell's about to ring, so..." I point a thumb over my shoulder at Jaebum, waiting impatiently now.

Taehyung nods slowly. "Right. I'll see you later, then. I gotta go to... im actually going the wrong way, so I gotta hurry. I'll see you later."

"Yeah, bye." I wave, and he turns on his heel and runs the other way down the hall.

"Alpha." I reach Jaebum and wrap my arms around his waist.
"Hi. What were you talking to that weirdo about?" He pats my back weakly, tugging me in the direction of our class.

"Just talking about scholarships. He was telling me about an art project his class is doing."

"Why?"

I roll my eyes. "Why not?"