My Time

My last class is omega history, a class only omegas take.There hasn't been much change in alphas over the years, not enough to need a class for it, but we have a combined history class where we go over great alpha rulers and omega riots.

I've taken the same class every year since elementary school, so there's nothing new or interesting. I just doodle in my notebook and play games on my phone under the desk.

There's soft laughter from the row in front of me. One girl turns around, her pretty hair wafting cinnamon towards me, and shows me her phone screen.
"Jungkookie oppa, isn't that your alpha? He's such a romantic!"

On the screen is a video of two people fighting, taken from a distance. The video is shaky as it zooms in, but then it focuses on the pair.

One is Jaebum, and it looks like he has the upper hand. I blush as the girls fawn over him, aware of how powerful and strong he looks as he beats the other alpha.
"I'm jealous." One girl teases me.

The fight shifts, the other person grabbing Jaebum's arms and flipping him onto the ground.

"Excuse me, ladies, this is a classroom, not a movie theater. Put it up before I take it."

"Yes ma'am." We all reply.

/-/-/-/

Jaebum doesn't come to pick me up from class, and his truck is gone from the parking lot.
He's normally the one who takes me home, so I start looking for Taehyung. His pretty black car is missing, too.

I huff and pull out my phone, aware of the battery as I call Jaebum.
It rings and then goes to voicemail, so I quickly call Taehyung.

He answers after a minute.
"Oppa, where are you? I don't have a ride and my phone will die soon." I ask.

"I got suspended for fighting, so I got sent home early. I can send my mom to get you, I'm not allowed near the school." He explains.

"Fighting? Who? Why?" I ask.

"I'll tell you when you come over. Mom!"

"Okay. Does your mom not work?" A pair of alphas pass me, their sharp scents making my nose crinkle. They join a group of alphas near a truck.
They don't get in, instead they look at me.
"On and off, she's home right now."
One of the alphas grin and wave at me, and my phone beeps to tell me it has ten percent left.

"Well, okay. Is your mom coming? I don't feel safe here."

"Yes, she's coming. Is something wrong?"

"These alphas are staring at me. They're in the back of a truck.
Alpha, alpha they're getting out.
Hurry, they're coming over here. What do I do?" I ask, turning away from them.

"Do you have a jacket? Get away from them, cover your legs and scent glands. I told him he can't call you his and not claim you, it's not safe for you." He says quieter. "Fuck." Taehyung whispers. "My mom's coming now, she'll be there soon. She's in my car, Jungkook. When you see her just get in. Make sure you're around people, a lot of omegas."

I hurry to the front of the school where freshmen are getting picked up, and I merge into a group of underclassmen. Two omegas pick up on my distress and crowd me.
I point at the group of alphas instead of speaking and wrap my jacket around my hips.
"Okay, I found two omegas and they're helping me." I say goodbye to Taehyung and put up my phone.
I hold one hand over the scent gland on my neck, asking the omegas if they can walk me over to the car line.

They nod, each grabbing one of my arms and pulling me with them.

When we reach the car line Taehyung's pretty Audi is already there.
"That's my ride, thank you so much." I say as a goodbye, and they let me go. I run to the door, hearing the alphas' heavy footsteps behind me.