CLASS ACT

D O M I N I C  P O V

Stood in the immense of the hallway at the bottom of the grand stairs watching the magazine crew set up ready for the interview. But Stevie is displeased with me for arranging this.

Shake my head as a tall, slight woman approaches in a white blouse with a few buttons undone, displaying her cleavage and her black skirt above the knee in matching heels. 

She smiles, holding out her hand. "Mr Davenport, I would like to thank you for agreeing to have us in your home. I'm Trista and will conduct the interview," Shake her hand and she blushes. This is all I need, a woman flirting with me.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. My wife will be down momentary," I tell her, drawing my hand from hers. "I take it you found everything you required?" I'm polite, but this is a famous magazine known worldwide.

"We have all we need thank you. Just one question?" She inquires, standing straight and thrusting her breasts out. I nod to acknowledge for her to continue. "Which rooms do you want the photographer to snap those all-important photos?" She tilts her head, pursing her lips.

"I will leave that up to my wife. Stevie is the expert in that department," I counter and she gazes at me.

"I was on the understanding she doesn't work and she's got no qualifications," She retorts My god she's done her homework no surprise there.

"You will discover my wife is qualified in many areas and she attended college. So if your line of questioning is progressing down that road this interview is over," I spit and she stutters.

"I... I'm sorry to be insensitive and I promise I will not ask questions out of line." She steps back turns to head back to her crew. 

Raced up the stairs to see where Stevie is and when I got to the room, she is perched on the edge of the sofa, rocking. 

"What's up?" I sought. And she shakes her head.

"I can't do this. I'm a wreck. I'm afraid I will say something to embarrass the family. Dominic, please," Pull her into my arms, kissing the top of her head and cupping her cheeks. "We talked about this for the past four weeks." She gazes at me. But there's something a miss.

"Yeah, we did but..." She pauses and steps into the bathroom.

Followed her and noticed a pregnancy test on the counter by his and her sinks. She steps back to let me have a view.

"Stevie..." A mere one word that emanates from my lips as I pick up the test to look at it. My lips curve and my eyes moistening. "Baby, we did it. We fucking did it." Wrapped my arms around her with all my love, pressing my lips firmly on hers.

"Are you happy?" "What a ridiculous question to ask me. Stevie, we are going to have a baby. I demand you to relax and I'm going to bundle you in bubble wrap," She giggles.

"Dominic, you make me laugh," Cupped her cheeks and gaze intently into her blue eyes. "This time I'm making sure you don't become stressed out. We need to see the doctor and make certain everything is..." I stopped myself from talking because of the expression Stevie is revealing. 

She didn't want to relive the miscarriage she had before the church wedding. 

"I love you, Stevie." We sort ourselves out and make our way to the lounge for the interview.

*****   

We are sitting on the enormous leather black sofa facing Trista who's asking questions, but she directs them at me.