Chapter 8

Hello, beautiful people! Please do enjoy the chapter. I must warn you, though despite my numerous visits to the hospital and the of doctors in my family, I know close to nothing about anything medical. So do forgive me for using made up things instead of fact in this chapter.

Panic cost a lot. That's why Artemis knew she couldn't afford to panic. "What happened?" She asked, her voice a dangerous scary calm. "He... I-i-... It... He..." Alby stammered. Alby stammering...that wasn't good. "Never mind that, let's get to the homestead" she led the way. "Shuck, I hope he wasn't Stung." A boy said Alby shook his head as if he was pretty sure he hadn't been 'Stung'. "Stung?" Missie asked not liking the sound off the word. "S'what the Grievers do." The boy said. She shivered she didn't like those creatures...  The reached thee Homestead and the boys lay Newt on a bed. She felt his pulse to see that it was there but very faint and slow. She grabbed an asthma pump and puffed it into his mouth he coughed and his breathing started to go back to normal. "Asthma pump?" Alby asked "His body was going into shock. I needd something to remind it to keep breathing. The pump breathed into his lungs making them respond." She explained. The boys seemed to realize that she knew what she was doing so they steeped back. Artemis noted that the most blood seemed too be on his shirt, which meant there was a big wind there. She grabbed some scissors and cut the boy's shirt off revealing a gash about 2cm deep and wide and 15cm long along his abdomen. But it couldn't have caused that much blood...  "Turn him over." She commanded and they obliged. She peeled away the severed shirt and gasped. Newts back was covered in tiny but deep cuts all over. The blood was pouring out of each cut and at his lower back  the shin was slightly flayed as if he's been whipped but only twice. "Get me a wet towel." She ordered and was almost immediately handed one. She began to dab at his back but it refused to stop bleeding. So she had them turn him over again. She grabbed a sterilized needle and thread and began to stitch the gash closed, she then wiped it with an antiseptic wipe. Artemis then took a bandage roll and started to wrap it so that it was wrapped around his back and front after three rolls she finally reached his lower back and cut it off. She then went to examine his head to find another gash, just above his ear. Just then Clint and Jeff ran in. "It's about time." She murmured. "He appeared to have a head injury, which could be held accountable a for his unconsciousness. That and the blood lost, but it wasn't that much, so his body will recover it. He has two cracked ribs and I've stitched up a gash on his stomach I also wrapped up the punctures on his back and where the hell have you two been?" The two Med-jacks gapped at her. "Hel-helping out" Clint said. "For four hours?" Artemis raised a brow skeptically "We got lost in the maze on our way back..." Jeff admitted. "We'll take it from here..." Clint offered. She shook her head. "You're tired. We'll call you if he wakes"

"When he wakes" Jeff corrected at the uncertain look on Artemis' face. She nodded, she was tired. "You can use one of the free Med rooms" Alby said. She walked out and had to walk a while until she found an empty room, she lay down on the bed and almost immediately fell asleep.
It....is..Artemis..all...is...all...all... That voice. It was...like broken glass and acid.
It...is....is....is... She was staring at Newt... Hurt, bruised and battered Newt.
Is...is...aaalllll....all.... Your fault...Artemis...you kill them all...You...doom them all.

Artemis gasped, her eyes shot open as she pulled herself into a sitting position effectively bumping her head on Chuck's. "Ow!" He moaned. "Jeez, Artemis... Alby said to call you...it's about Newt." She immediately forgot about her head. "Is he awake?" She asked. "No" Chuck replied solemnly. Was he dead? She didn't want to ask. She didn't want to know. She got up and followed Chuck to Newt's room. Alby the Med-jacks, and all the keepers were waiting. Minho was the only one sitting. Newt was still on the bed but this time, on his stomach. Clint spoke. "I needed to show you guys something. I requested you, Artemis, because this involves you" he then started to unwrap the bandage, when he was done he stepped back. The boys saw first and gasped all of them turning to stare at Artemis. She gulped and walked closer she almost screamed. In the center of Newts back, the words formed a word, crooked, but unmistakable.
A-R-T-E-M-I-S.
Please, if you don't mind ,that is would you...oh, I don't know... VOTE AND COMMENT?
THANKS!