[ 4.01 ] - High School: A Letter

High School: A Letter

[ 4.01 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 16

It was strange how calm I felt when we entered the high school section. There was no sense of danger nor anxiety and the three of us continued on peacefully. However, as our second year came to an end, it was clear that our former peace would soon end as I received a letter from the former Ryenne.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼《RYENNE》✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Listening to the sound of waves crashing against the shore, I fell into a state of serenity. The misty air cooled my face and body from the hot sun as I watched Xael and Litheon engage in a game of beach volleyball with our fellow classmates—both on opposing teams as per their request.

It wasn't hard to tell that some of the boys were trying to impress their crushes. On the other hand, the girls who stayed to watch them were trying their best to catch a glimpse at the toned abs of the muscular and well proportioned boys. And though it was entertaining seeing who snuck glances at who, I was thoroughly bored having to be the watch dog of our personal items.

I want to go to the bookstore...I want to explore the cafes...

I couldn't help sighing to myself. I didn't want to disturb them during their game, nor did I want to leave their items lying. Who knew what those fanatic girls would do once they see me leave them.

Hmm...

Pursing my lips, I pinched my chin in a predicament.

Well I suppose the safest choice would be just to take it with me.

Standing from my seat, I begin packing our belongings into my bag. I start with our small items—wallets, phones, keys—before slipping on one of their jackets and tying the other around my waist.

Double checking my surroundings, I then walk over to one of the boys, lightly tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention. Confused, he turned and looked up to meet my eyes, making him jump in surprise.

"H-hello Ryenne!"

"Could you let Xael and Litheon know that I went to the shopping district?"

"Of course!"

"Thanks, Ben!" Beaming a thankful smile, I turn and leave the beach.

Freedom at last!

I couldn't help the slight hop in my steps as I walked toward the strip of stores and restaurants lining the beach. And as expected, it didn't take long before I made my way into the much anticipated bookstore.

I took a look around, looping through the multitude of shelves before I found myself at the back, reaching for a dull, green book at the top of the shelf. Standing on the tips of my toes, I did my best to reach for it until I felt it slip from my grasp.

"Ah!"

I let out a small grunt, the edge of the book hitting the top of my head before falling onto the floor. I scrunched my face up with discomfort, thoroughly massaging the spot the book fell on before looking down to find the loose piece of paper stuck between the pages.

Curious, I knelt down to pick it up only to find a surprise.

'Dear Ryenne...'

Quickly, I shut the book, and made a bee line to the cash register. As I waited for the bookstore worker to scan it, I felt him glancing at me and the book strangely, however he didn't say anything and just handed it to me once I paid for it.

I left the store feeling slightly confused, but I promptly brushed it off and walked off towards a local cafe.

I sat down at a singles table besides the wide windows, opening the plain book up to the page where the letter was sandwiched between and began reading it while I waited for my drink and dessert to arrive.

'Dear Ryenne,

By the time you come across this letter, you should be nearing the series of unfortunate events. However, before that occurs, I would like to say a few things to you.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for agreeing to switch places. If not, I don't think I could've ever been given another chance at life.

To tell you the truth, I didn't have many friends (other than two who didn't attend school with me), and as a result, I created a power dynamic to control others. I was a disgrace to the Atstelli name, which was why I left to prevent further destruction to the family, but that idiotic ice king had fabricated articles to paint a bad image of the family—ooh, just thinking about it makes my blood boil! I admit, my actions can't be viewed as...angelic, but at this point, what's done has been done and I can't change it, though I don't exact regret them either. Those two deserved the hell I gave them. ┐(︶▽︶)┌

Anyways, you're living in another timeline where I don't exist in. This is your world now. So hopefully you make more friends than I did who you can trust and love. And if you just so happen to become friends with that terrible piece of trash, Litheon—I promise I'm not judging you! Just make sure he doesn't break Isa's heart again. If he does, you have to promise me to give him hell! Got it? [I really wish I could've pummeled his face at least once before I died (︶︹︺) ]

And as for that stone faced Xael, let me know if he ever becomes a monk! (⁀ᗢ⁀)

Ah! I can't believe I forgot to ask, but has Ryon or Ryun ever dated anyone before? I swear they're going to become monks too—pffft („ಡωಡ„)

Anyways, good luck, Ryenne! I'm rooting for you!

Love,
Former Ryenne
           ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚

P.S. You may have wondered why the bookstore owner looked at you so strangely...hehe take a look at the back of the book (๑˘︶˘๑)

You're welcome!'

Listening to her instructions, I flipped the unsuspecting book over and read the description, my face burning red with embarrassment by the time I reached the end.

Sh-she's a pervert!

19 March x033

Author's note:
I bet you all were expecting that typical library scene to happen to Ryenne, right?
Haha I got you!
And if you weren't tricked, well I'll get you another time.
Anyways, I think this is really my favorite chapter of all time currently. Why? Well I feel like it might be self explanatory.
I think this may have been the moment I've been waiting for while writing this story. I was stuck in the intermediate arc for too long that it was too hard to write, but now we've made it to the drama arc!! Let's get this story wrapped up guys! I'm feeling excited!

Question:
What did you all think of the Former Ryenne?

Discord:
https://discord.gg/Qz5XJP2mPc
(link also in bio)

01.7.2021