a healthy dose of angst

Quick recap for those of you who need it:

Midoriya was taken advantage of by the unknown guy who Inko was cheating with after they got a noise complaint (might've forgotten to write that detail in actually oh well) and his parents went elsewhere to argue.

He showered and left for UA. he forgot to do his homework. Someone just showed up as it started to rain...

•••

"Problem child what are you doing here?" Aizawa said. Deku looked up, dark dark circles under his puffy eyes. So many alarm bells were going off in the man's head. The boy looked disheveled, his hair damp and not combed, his tie tied even worse than usual. His pants missing the belt that helped hold them up. His shirt untucked.

Aizawa reached out his hand to help him up after the boy didn't give an answer, "let's go inside. It's starting to rain.

Izuku took his hand and stood up with a wince. This small expression didn't go over Aizawa's head.

"Shouldn't you be asleep right now?" Aizawa asked once they were inside the school.

"Probably." Midoriya said shortly.

"So why aren't you?" Aizawa asked.

"I didn't wanna be at home."  He answered, a million more detailed answers running through his head.

"Why not?" Aizawa asked.

"My parents are just going through a fight right now and it was kinda.. loud and scary." Midoriya answered. It was only half the truth. Aizawa looked at him seriously, a suspicious glint in his eye.

"Have you slept?" Aizawa questioned. Izuku shook his head.

"Why not?" He pushed.

"Because I couldn't fall asleep." Midoriya answered, his heart pounding with all the questions.

"Did you take a shower?" Aizawa asked. Midoriya nodded, "I needed a distraction. And a shower." He said grimly, before Aizawa could ask.

"Midoriya is there something going on that you aren't telling me?" Aizawa asked. He wasn't gonna beat around the bush anymore and try to work it out of him.

"No." He answered simply, pulling out his homework from his bag.

Aizawa lowered the notebook from in front of the boys face.

"How much sleep have you gotten in the last 48 hours?" Aizawa asked, but it sounded more like a statement. Like he didn't have an option but to answer.

"No more than 2 hours."

"Look. Do you wanna sleep in my office today? I'll let you have the day off, it's obviously been rough for you lately." Aizawa offered. Deku hesitated.

As much as he would love to sleep, he knew it would be littered with nightmares.

"I can't." He whispered, the threat of tears tearing at his throat.

"Why not?" Aizawa asked calmly.

"Mr. Aizawa I can't do this anymore." Tears slipped out of his eyes, "I don't wanna go home."