Chapter 2 - the 's' is silent

Harry's POV
"Excuse me."

I ignore the voice hoping, praying, they're not talking to me or that they'll get the message and go away. I guess everyone's feeling brave today.

"Hey mate," the man tries again with his higher pitched raspy voice and thick, thick accent, "Mate I'm talking to you."

I finally give in and turn around. When I do I'm met with a short lad. He has feathery caramel brown hair that he's pushed to the side, very prominent cheek bones, a slight stubble, tan skin from what I can see, and eyes so blue they put the ocean and sky to shame. Pretty. I shake my head in shock. Wait no, what the hell am I thinking?

"What?" I eventually ask realizing I've probably been staring for too long.

My tone hasn't changed at all from when I was talking to that girl. In fact this time I didn't even attempt to put on a smile or look pleased but that didn't seem to effect this boy.

"I'm looking for room 28A. I've been walking around and I'm lost as all hell. I swear I'm usually better with directions and navigation. I mean way better than all my mates at least, like my friend Liam literally thought that Japan was close to Australia. Like the lad thought it didn't get cold in Japan because it's "near Australia"," the boy takes a small break to chuckle a bit at the thought - cute - than continues, "Actually my friend goes to this school. Liam Payne, do you know him?" the boy finishes with a question.

The whole time I just stared at him in disbelief. That was the most a random person has said to me in a long time. People tend to get cold feet when talking to me and that's how I like it. Or that's what I tell myself. Well, usually that's how I like it, but with this boy, honestly I think I could listen to him talk for hours.

"Um yeah, I-I know Liam Payne," I get out but not without stumbling over my own words.

What?? I don't stutter. Other people stutter but I do NOT stutter. I chalk it up to it being early in the morning and my lack of coffee which is messing with my brain.

"Cool! Then we already have a common friend," the boy beams.

When did I say Liam Payne was my friend? I wanted to ask but I bit down on my tongue instead. For some odd reason I wanted to have a common friend with this boy. I wanted to have something, anything, with this boy and if that means being friends with Liam Payne than hell we'd be the best of mates.

"Yeah, cool," I respond not really knowing what else to say.

He stares at me for a moment looking me up and down. I then become hyper aware that I must look like a bloody mess right now. I'm wearing just a big white t-shirt with some black jeans and sun glasses to push my hair back. While the boy in front of me is wearing a green Adidas sweatshirt with black jeans as well and his hair's in a messy fringe but somehow he still manages to look FUCKING GORGEOUS. Scratch that. I definitely did not just think that. Not about a guy anyways.

 Not about a guy anyways

"So back to my problem," the boy pulls me out of my dazed state, "I'm lost, could you please show me where room 28A is?" he asks giving a sweet smile

"I- yes I can show you."

Stop stuttering you fool.

"Great! Thank you so much..."

"Harry." I finish for him.

"Harry," he says softly to himself smiling to the ground.

My face starts to heat up. What the fuck is this? Why is my face so damn hot? Am I red too? What is this??

"Thanks Harry," he says again.

"It's my pleasure," I respond and it would have been smooth if my voice wasn't all over the place. I clear my throat, "So, um, you're new right?" I ask to which he gives me a small nod, "What's your name then?"

"Louis Tomlinson," he smiles, "the 's' is silent," he adds.

Oh god that's such a cute name. It's so fitting for him too. "the 's' is silent" god I could just... nevermind.

"In 'Louis' or 'Tomlinson'?" I find myself asking like a dumbass.

He just laughs though, "Guess it's pretty obvious innit?"

"Yeah," I mumble.

He smiles at me and I feel my knees going weak. It's cause I'm tired. I mean I feel fully awake now but my body just hasn't caught up, right? My knees are tired.

"So, Louis," I smile back showing off my dimples and trying to regain my usual composure.

His eyes widen a bit as he stares but then he blinks rapidly and clears his throat, "Shall we go then?" he asks.

I just nod not trusting my words and lead the way.