Chapter 33

A/N The pic above doesn't represent their looks, but more so the vibe they give off, if that makes sense.

*Sexual Content*

Reyn's POV

The first thing I did as soon as we sat in the car was get on the phone with Orion and Sylv. Knowing who was behind all this made the whole process so much easier. It gave me so much relief to finally know who was after my baby. There was no way that fucker was going to be let off free.

I brought mine and Dania's hands which were intertwined up to my lips.

Sylv picked up the phone.

"'Sup bitch?"

I rolled my eyes but let a small smile show when I heard Dani giggle.

"Wait, I'll explain when Orion joins the call. I'm putting you on speaker, Dani is here, too."

I put my phone in the cupholder as my baby greeted him and then Orion as soon as he joined.

"I need you guys to look into Jason Reynolds for me." I spelled out the last name just in case. "He's the one who's been after Dani. He's been coercing Rylan with heroin. So we were thinking we could have him followed and tip off the cops for dealing as long as we can find something concrete to tip them off about."

"Wait... wait, there's a lot to unpack here... so this Jason dude... he's got Rylan hooked on heroin? Why? And what connection does he have to Dani?"

"We know each other from high school," she chose to explain. "We met at a party, but never spoke after that. Rylan ran into him at a party here or something, and it started from there. Jason has been telling her what to message me. And he has people around to inform him of our whereabouts. She threatens her by not giving her drugs, but she's trying not to give into him anymore."

"Damn." Orion let out.

This time I filled in. "Dani figured it would be easier to have him arrested for drug trafficking than to go to the police for stalking and threatening her."

"Genius, babe," Sylv chipped in, making her smile.

I rubbed my hand against her thigh. "Can we have him scoped out tonight? I want this over with as soon as possible. I can let Rylan know so she can help as well."

"I can go tonight," Orion confirmed. "Are you coming Sylv or should I call someone else."

"No, let's get this fucker." I could hear the smirk in his voice. This guy was crazy. Sometimes I wondered if he was really all that different from his father when it came to their love for violence. Although Sylv had limits-- he was only willing to hurt those who deserved it. His father on the other hand didn't have such reservations.

"I'm gonna take Dani out of the city for a few days. I don't want any issues. Make sure Rylan is safe as well."

I felt my girl's hand rest over mine as she smiled at me gratefully. It struck me how far out of my norm I was drifting for her sake. I never gave anyone the same amount of consideration.

 Normally, I couldn't care less about others beyond offering them a sense of civility. But here I was protecting not only her but others in a way that I knew would make her happy. And that made me happy. She made me better. And I loved her for it.

"That's probably the best. If this Jason guy finds out Rylan snitched, shit's gonna hit the fan. We'll go get Rylan now to be safe. Send over her address. Don't worry Orion and I have got this." Sylv reassured.

"Thanks, Sylv. I owe you."

There was a pause on the other end of the line.

"I'm sorry, what? I didn't hear you." He cajoled smugly.