Chapter 2

Adelaide had seen how quidditch tryouts went in the past.

She understood now why Royan wanted her and the others to participate.

So far, Danny Kipper had collided with Scott Lane while in midair, Uma Finnegan nearly fainted when a Bludger flew at her, and Noriss Van Horne couldn't catch a Snitch if his life depended on it.

Poor Royan was hovering in the middle of the pitch on his Moontrimmer with a pained expression on his face.

"Damn, Chase wasn't kidding, was he?" Alexander snickered next to her as they watched from the ground while they waited for Della to arrive.

"Unfortunately, no." The girl sighed, pushing her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Someone called out from behind them.

They turned and saw their friend running towards them with her robes flapping about her.

"Heya Della-dear!" Alexander said when she slowed up and bent over, gasping for air after running all the way to the pitch from the Transfiguration's classroom.

"You made it just in time," Adelaide smiled.

"Oh joy, I don't even care about quidditch! Damn!" Della huffed and puffed as she stood up.

"But you are tiny and fast, I'm strong and amazing, and Birdie here can catch a Snitch with her eyes closed," Alexander said enthusiastically.

"I am not tiny!" Della growled.

"He has a point," Adelaide said with a shrug.

"Ugh, whatever, let's go then!"

***********

Royan Chase was getting close to having a mental breakdown.

Ravenclaw students were flying around haphazardly, and very few had enough skill to actually catch a Quaffle, let alone throw it to someone else.

"We are doomed," He muttered to himself.

"Hey, Chase, looks like we have a few latecomers." Jaxson Blaze, a sixth-year Beater for the team, said from his right side.

Royan glanced down, and a bolt of excitement shot through him.

He smiled and waved frantically to the three Ravenclaws below.

Turning towards Jaxson, he grinned broadly at him and then blew his whistle loudly, calling attention to himself, "Take a breather everyone!"

Sighs of relief and exhaustion were heard from the flyers as they lowered to the ground.

Royan and Jaxson followed after them and landed in front of the trio.

"Thank goodness you made it! I was about ready to give up on this year's team!" The dark-haired Captain said in a rush as he dismounted his Moontrimmer.

"Yeah, looks like you guys need as much help as you can get!" Alexander laughed.

"Be nice," Adelaide said with a frown before turning to face the two quidditch players, "If there is still time for us to try out, then we would be happy to."

Jaxson burst out in a deep laugh, shaking his head and making his perfectly groomed brown hair fall in his eyes.

"Please, Harthwood, Chase hasn't stopped ranting about how we are all doomed if you three don't play for us this year!"

Royan glared at his Beater but didn't argue. "If you guys are ready, then grab your broomsticks and get up there."

*********