Chapter 11

I had apologized to Kai for leaving him and went to my father. Since I'm a star of the banquet everyone wanted to formally introduce themselves and offer their congratulations.

"Congratulations, on ranking the 3rd. Rarely anyone from our region ever scored Top 3. " The Beta Anderson from Mountain wolf pack congratulated me. The Mountain wolf pack is the other guest pack that came to this event.

"Well, I'm very honored." I answered politely while trying to keep my enthusiasm for receiving lots of pointless congratulations.

"Our Evelyn had always used her remarkable intellect to contribute to the pack." My father repeated the same sentence while adding some variety each time.

If you filter ranking results by intellect score I would be in the first place.

While Alpha Frank was simply telling stories about how I contributed to the pack when I was a teenager. To be honest, he was the one who recognized that I was very knowledgeable while to my father I seemed rude. Alpha Frank was a closer father figure I had in the pack while at that time I didn't get along with my biological father and my step-father was only a phone call away.

Maybe this is what caused Damien to reject me? Since Alpha Frank treated me as his daughter more than Damien and sometimes causing him to be compared to me? I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

When I finished receiving congratulations and also meeting people I politely excused myself.

I decided to go to the balcony alone since I was completely overwhelmed with emotions and thoughts, furthermore, I was barely given time to process this.

It's was cold and quiet on the balcony. There was a sound of music playing in the venue but outside it was quiet, there was no cricket chirping in the fall.

On the other hand, the moon and stars become brighter in the Autumn night. I'm faced with two choices now.

I always thought that if I was ranked low I would probably go to live with my mother and try to find a mate amongst the sirens but now I managed to place 3rd.

This means I will have lots of wolves who will be desired to become my mate.

There is a chance that I could be mated to the future King of werewolves since in a couple of years there will be an event where the werewolf council will choose a King to unite the packs of North America.

Power was never my main goal. I just want a mate that I will be happy to spend my whole life with.

"Overwhelmed?" Prince Kai asked as he lent his jacket to me. I didn't notice when Kai entered the balcony

"You also forgot your clutch." Kai also handed me my clutch that I earlier handed to his assistant.

"I guess I'm overwhelmed since this is a life-changing night for me." I gave a little smile to Kai while I answered. I looked at the guests in front of the venue who were smoking.

"Indeed, it is. I also have something to offer, Evelyn." I simply turned my head to look at Kai, I was curious what is he going to say.

"Would you like to become my princess?" Kai said in a firm tone while his blue and brown eyes showed seriousness in his words.

"What?" I didn't expect to say this.

I didn't expect this offer at all.

Kai was about to repeat his words but I stopped.

"I've heard what you said but it's was too sudden." I chuckled awkwardly and Kai simply smiled.

"It is sudden, besides I didn't know when will be the next perfect time since I will be leaving soon and you will also be busy dealing with potential suitors." Kai explained.

"But still it's a very serious offer, wouldn't Empress and Emperor be opposed to it?" I asked Kai. As far as I know royal doesn't usually have a free reign on choosing their partners.

"My parents understand how it's important to find a companion to spend eternity with, besides I think you will get along perfectly with them."

Siren aren't exactly eternal, they just have a lifespan of a thousand years.

Now I'm faced with three choices while one of the choices is to be with the person that I know and I don't have to wonder what kind of people I meet at the ball will be interested to have as their mate.

"Still it's a sudden offer even for the werewolf." I made a joke. Werewolves are usually faced paced when it comes to a relationship since they can mark their mate. Sirens also can mark their but they weren't assigned to soulmates but their courtship is still faster than humans.

"When do you need an answer?" I asked Kai.

"I will be leaving in two days, if you need more time to think I'm willing to stay longer." Kai offered. I would feel guilty for letting him stay longer.

I mentally sighed and looked at the moon.

I guess if I wasn't rejected by Damien I wouldn't have those choices. Each of them can change my life forever.

"I could also offer you a contract marriage, it's will be a temporary marriage that will allow us to get to know each other better before taking a big step." Kai also offered.

I guess it's will good to go away from here for a few years and just experience life in Nauloria.

"I guess it's worth giving it a try ." I agreed to his offer.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sike! It's C scenario all along >:) 

Though many of you voted for the B scenario but I can't blame you because I never mentioned the C scenario.

In anyway what do you think about the C scenario?

Also I have another good news!

At June 27 the book has reached #1 in Beta! Thank you so much for the support!<3

I hope you enjoyed reading chapter 11!

I will see you later my alligators! <3