A Proposition

Varian's eyes widened as the blue mist covered him. He rubbed his eyes and opened them not noticing the journal that fell out of his pocket. He gasped at where he was and quickly looked all around him. He was in the middle of Corona. "(Y/n) must be at the meadow." He said quietly to himself. Varian quickly noticed how dreary the town had looked. Soft chittering came from inside his shirt as Ruddiger crawled out and went around his neck. "If I'm here...then where's everyone else?" Varian asked as he stared at what seemed to be an abandoned city. Varian turned to face the castle and sighed. "I guess if anyone knows what is going on, it's the king and queen." Varian said to his raccoon who simply gave him an unsure look. "I don't want to either, but it doesn't look like we'll be able to find anyone. Even if we did, I doubt they would want to talk to us." He said to Ruddiger and they both made their way to the castle.

(Y/n) appeared in the center of the dead meadow. She stared wide eyed at the dead plants surrounding her before placing Sunny down in the ground. "Come on! We have to get these in before nightfall." (Y/n) heard a voice yell and she whipped her head towards the mine. She quickly ran to the voice with Sunny right behind her. She didn't even notice the grass coming back to life after each step she took. (Y/n) saw two people coming out of the mine. The people were Uncle Monty and Feldspar. She stared at them confused as they held buckets full of emeralds.

They both stared at her surprised. "(Y/n)? Is that you?" Uncle Monty asked and she nodded. "What are you doing in my meadow?" She asked both men and they looked at each other before looking back at her. "They've been making us mine these ever since they took over." Feldspar said and the witch nodded. "I'm sorry to say, but you won't be meeting your quota as of today. I need you both to leave immediately. If whoever is doing this gives you any issues, they know where to find me. I'll be waiting." The witch said and both men nodded. "Are you sure about this?" Monty asked and she nodded. "I don't care who is behind this. Whoever did this to my home is going to have to face me." The witch said and the men nodded before heading off with the emeralds.

(Y/n) waited until they were fully out of view before she sprinted to the cabin she left behind. Throwing the door open she stared at the state of the cabin. The entire place was a complete mess. The little furniture she had was broken and torn to pieces. Her spells jars were shattered either from doing their job, or being physically smashed. Pages of her books were all over the floor. Crystals were shattered to pieces. The salt lining the windows and doorways were completely gone. And the worst thing of all made her cover her mouth in shock. "Long Live New Saporia!" Was written all along one of the walls with a symbol next to it that scared the girl.

Unable to speak or let out any emotions, (Y/n) crotched to the ground to pick up a large piece of what used to be a crystal ball. "M-my home. This wasn't just some freak accident. This was done on purpose!" The witch yelled the last part as angry tears poured from her eyes. "When I find the person who did this, they are going to wish they had never been born." She yelled as an orange flame surrounded her hands. Wind surrounded her body and her hair moved with it as she glared at the words left behind just for her.

Sunny backed away from her slightly as to not accidentally be hit by any magic that might come off of her. The witch's eyes widened as she realized what she was doing. She shook her head and her hands making everything around her stop. (Y/n) turned to Sunny and gave him an apologetic look. "Sorry, bubs." She said softly and he came out and rubbed against her legs. She picked him up and hugged him close to her. "We can clean this up later. Right now, we have to wait for whoever is responsible to show up." (Y/n) said walking out the door and making her way to the center of the meadow.

"Did you do that?" (Y/n) asked the feline in her arms as she stared down at the green footsteps. Sunny gave her a look that said 'Do you really think I made those?' "I-I guess you're right. They're too big to be you." She looked behind her and noticed the footsteps following her. (Y/n) picked up her boot and saw fresh green grass as small wild flowers coming out of the ground right where her boot was once placed. "I think the meadow knows I'm home." She said with a soft smile and walked to the center of the meadow. She sat on the ground and waited for whoever was responsible to pay her a visit.