𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞

Chapter has been updated.

Xoxo

Love, KS♡

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

The latest headline of New York Times: 'Kristine La Cartier, too young to keep up?'

"With bullshit? Probably", I murmured while scrolling down my iPad to get more of the news about me. 

"You've barely touched your breakfast, Kristi",  Elma frowned, pouring me a glass of orange juice. "Not in the mood for pancakes? We have waffles. Or would you like me to get chef Tibault to make you some crepes? Salmon? -"

"That's alright, tante", I smiled to her, thankful, "There's just lots distracting me this morning", I said and looked down at the endless rows of content, "Like this treacherous thing."

"Don't mind them. They can say all they like, but we both know . .", she patted my back and smiled, "That you're doing a great job."

I smiled back, insanely grateful to have someone as wise as Elma in my life. All of a sudden, Tamara barged into my room. "Let's burn New York", she raged while glaring daggers into her iPhone and I knew exactly what she has read. 

Although tempting, I casually turned on her offer, "I rather not, my manicure is allergic to cinder."

"Too young to keep up with what? Bullshit?", Tamara scowled, "Fuck yes!"

I looked at her, amused, "Exactly what I thought."

"Barely a week ago they posted, 'Kristine La Cartier, the jewel of Gen Z', now this?", Tamara emphasised her annoyance with a hand gesture, " I swear, the world is bipolar."

"As if that's new", I said. 

Tamara finally breathed and looked to my coffee table, occupied by various form of indulgence. "Designing while reading the news?"

I waved a hand over my sketches, not even close to completion, "Multi-tasking at it's finest."

"While eating breakfast", my sister placed her hands on her hips and looked at my un-touch food, "Not in the mood for pancakes? That's a first."

Elma chuckled and I just stared at Tamara, plainly. "As you can tell, I was too distracted to eat."

"Don't mind me then", she excused and cut herself a bite of pancakes. Tamara hummed in satisfactory, "I can't believe I got waffles. Do we have milk?", she asked while chewing and I chuckled.