33

Roman was clearly stunned into silence, judging by the way his mouth opened, but no sound came out.

I ran my hand along his chest until my fingers landed on the bare skin of his neck. His eyes were turning darker by the second, and even though he moved his hands and placed them on my waist, he still didn't say anything.

"You can't keep lying," he muttered, his words barely above a whisper.

"I know," I said, but at the same time, I knew I wouldn't be able to stop. I could never stop lying, unless the secrets all came out on their own. And if those secrets came out on their own, well, I'd be likely in jail, anyways.

"How can I trust you?" Roman asked me, his eyes weren't even bothering to flicker back up to my eyes now, they remained on my lips.

"You can't," I told him. I knew I couldn't stop lying completely, but I could be honest about some things. And honestly, he couldn't trust me, and I think he knew that too.

My hand wrapped around his neck, my fingers curling around the back of it. I inched my face closer to him, slowly, until our lips were so close that they were almost touching.

"You can trust me," Roman surprised me by saying, and I wondered why he felt the need to. I never felt I couldn't. Though, I wondered what he meant by it. What could I trust him with? My body? My feelings? The truth?

"I'll treat you how you should be treated," Roman continued, and when he spoke, our lips touched. Just barely, enough that his lips tickled mine, but not enough that they connected. "I'll show you what that looks like, to be cherished."

I stared into his blue eyes, absorbing his words directly into my chest, which was swelling now. With lust, and with hope.

His hands were moving, slowly inching up my until they were laid flat against my back. He applied pressure, as if he was pushing me further towards him. The problem was I didn't have anywhere else to go, I was already completely pressed against him.

"Did you mean what you said?" I asked him, feeling my voice become what could only be described as breathless. "The girl of your dreams thing."

Roman's mouth changed, a smile coming to the lips that I could barely see because we were so close together. "I don't know how you could doubt it. You've been the girl of my dreams, you are the girl of my dreams, and you'll forever be the girl of my dreams."

"Then kiss me," I breathed, daring him.

And he took the dare, his lips pressed against mine, just like they had the other day. They were different this time though. They moved gently last time, slowly at first, before he strengthened the kiss. This time, I felt the desperation behind his actions immediately.

One of his hands moved to the back of my neck, pushing our mouths even closer together as they danced. Completely entwined we were, our lips moving as one coordinated movement. His hand buried itself in my hair, grabbing a fist full as he tugged the strands, gently forcing my head to tilt backwards. His lips moved down to my throat, placing messy kisses along my exposed skin. I closed my eyes as I took in the feeling, the feeling of shock his lips were leaving and the feeling of need that was growing inside me.

I felt both of his hands leave my body, for split second before I felt them just below my ass, kneading against my thighs. I didn't have a second to appreciate that feeling before he swept my legs out from under me, effortlessly wrapping them around his waist. His lips immediately caught mine again, resuming our broken kiss and I felt his legs begin to move under me. Roman didn't even seem to feel my weight as he effortlessly carried me, and though my eyes were closed as we kissed, I didn't need to see to know where he was taking me.