Chapter 56

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Hendrix. You're late for work, as always." Sarah teased.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Good afternoon to you too, Sarah Louis. Has Hames left?"

"Now she has the right to call him by his name, she's late for work because she's his wife, she's being bossy."

"And you're being silly."

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Hendrix. Please don't make your husband fire me, this job is everything I have." She pleaded jokingly.

I shook my head and left her sight, using the elevator to transport me to the 68th floor then got into our office.

As expected, Hames was on his office chair, gazing at his laptop's screen.

I dropped my bag on the chair and walked up to him, folding my arms across my chest.

"Imogen, when did you arrive?" He raised his head to me with a smile, immediately returning his gaze to his laptop.

"Just now."

"And you're late again."

"Duh,"

"You're always so punctual because your husband owns the company." He said sarcastically.

"Very funny." I replied sarcastically too, sitting on his lap with my arms around his neck. "I'm only late because an asshole was being crazy with me this morning and I had to attend to other important things."

He chuckled. "Asshole, uh? You're married to an asshole. I was about to take a break. We should eat something, right?"

"No. Let's just—" I rested my head on his chest. "Why are you leaving me?"

"You're making it seem like I'm going forever. It's just two months."

"Just two months?" I scoffed. "You don't even care about my safety. What if Samantha kills me?"

"She won't. I hired a hundred more bodyguards to protect you and I've tightened the security in the best way I can. Don't worry, you'll be safe."

"How can you be certain?"

"I've ensured that you'll be."

"Why can't I go with you? Lila is going with Kade."

"Kade and I are different people with different companies."

I pouted, feeling like a baby. "You don't even care that Sam wants to kill me."

"Of course I do."

"Then take me along or don't go at all."

"I'm certain she won't harm you but if I'm away from you, you'll be safer. I'll make sure not even a strand of your hair is hurt. I'll die if anything happens to you so trust me, I'll protect you even if I'm in Dubai and you're here." He kissed the top of my head.

I sighed, hugging him. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"You're still a motherfucking asshole." I said and he burst into laughter till the point that his laughter confused me.

***

~ KADE ~

Finally, it's in my POV!

~~~

"Hey, babe." Jovi sauntered to me.

I was too lost in my thoughts of Lila and forgot to reply to her.

"Kade!" She snapped, pulling my phone out of my hand and frowning so hard, as always. "You didn't notice I walked in?"

"Oh… uh… yeah." I sat up straight.