Not Afraid of Risks (Tech)

Prompt:
(Y/N) walks their squad right into an ambush.

Not a Request ♥︎

Part 3! Safety Net

They/Them

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

Only moments had passed since your first real interaction with Tech, and all hell has broken loose. You had walked your new squad right into an ambush, which was the last thing you wanted to do since your alliance change. If you all made it out of this alive, Hunter would never trust you again, even if Omega did manage to take up for you once again,

"Tighten up, boys!" Hunter shouted, whipping out his double-fisted guns and letting loose; an unnatural amount of his brothers falling instantaneously. You didn't even have to think twice before you leapt into combat, your red lightsaber glistening against all of the Clones' armour.

You couldn't think straight. A lot of things contributed to this, but most evident was the feeling of Tech not being by your side. The force was clouded thanks to the battle— too many life forms to just pick out your Clone. Yet, you didn't have enough time to stop your side of the combat it ensure his safety. The whole squad depended on you.

You slashed through armour and people like they were butter and your blades were hot knives. The wounds immediately cauterized, so no mess was left besides the unmoving corpses,

"We gotta get back to the ship!" Wrecker growled while taking out some more Clones; his automatic weapon causing an enormous amount of kickback, "Retreat!"

"You all go ahead!" you shouted, blocking away multiple blaster bolts, "I'll hold them off! Keep Omega safe!"

You could feel through the force that Tech's heart was breaking. You saw for a split second, Hunter's angry and betrayed face softening. Despite your past and attempted assassination of the Bad Batch, Hunter still trusted you. He didn't need to mutter a single word about it either. Just his face said it all.
You leapt into combat without another glance towards your new family.

Your old troops were beyond surprised at your betrayal. Many even stood as still as stone while you raked your red lightsaber through the chests and necks of multiple troopers. But they finally clicked to action as more and more fell and died; red blaster bolts matching your lightsaber souring through the air towards you.
You weren't impressed one bit.

You could feel that the Bad Batch hadn't gone too far away. You could sense Tech's increasing heart rate as each blaster bolt approached and were bounced away effortlessly. You tried not to be distracted by his fear, knowing if you did in fact focus on him too much, you'd likely die,

"Don't stop until (Y/N) is in our custody!" the familiar voice of Commander Crosshair broke through the silence, "Treason is a one way ticket to death, (Y/N). I am very disappointed in your failure."

The bullets had stopped firing. You stared absolute daggers into the eyes of the commander; your hand tightening around the hilt of your lightsaber, "I am repulsed at your betrayal to your brothers, Crosshair," you snapped, pulling your lightsaber up to beside your face, "Hunter, Echo, Wrecker, Omega and Tech. They all depended on you, and now look. You're hunting them like a Nexu to a Womp Rat. You should be ashamed."

"You and I are exactly alike, (Y/N)," Crosshair coolly commented right back. He slowly lifted his helmet away from his face; his ugly burn making Crosshair unmistakably unrecognizable. You had only seen the face of the commander once before, and this was not it, "We love someone too much, and when we finally realize we are better off without them, we get hurt." He was talking both mentally and physically. Crosshair is a monster, sure, but he misses his squad-- that much is clear.