Chapter 8: A Beautiful Tragedy (Rewrite)

"Alright, the rule is simple," Rias explained, as she stood in the middle of the battlefield, with two opposing sides. "No killing and everything goes, that is all, is there anyone that has a complaint about this rule?"

Standing in the middle of the battlefield, Rias held the job as the referee for the practice battle against Rei. On the right side was her peerage, and on the left side, was Rei Emiya. It was a match that determine one skill of combat on both individual and group, behind Rias there was Sona who was sitting on the bench, as she was one of the spectators viewing how their battle will result.

"None from us," Akeno said.

"Me too," Rei said.

Cracking her finger, blue lines then ignite on both her wrist to her fingers, as this was meant to enchant her skin to be as tough as iron. This was one of her preparation in battle, especially when it came to hand-to-hand combat, though she may have left her ideal firearms back at home, she still have her Magecraft with her, in case she needed it.

"If there is none, then begin!" Rias declared.

Without further ado, Koneko then charges herself like a battering ram toward Rei at full speed, though at the speed that she throws herself. Rei had already seen the move coming, after reading the files that were given to her, by Ria's older brother.

Koneko Toujo, the Rook of the peerage, and the muscle of the group.

It's not rocket science that the muscle of the group, won't be the one who starts the battle, well, it's either her or the pawn. But that depends on the situation itself, and the planning of their master.

Rei rather than dodging the tackle, decided to swiftly change her footing to gain some close range with Koneko, that is by moving beside the location where Koneko was tackling her. While she was in mid-air, Rei quickly grab the little girl's clothes and use her muscle to change the direction of her tackle back at her peerage.

Seeing this, Koneko with her feline instinct stops her charge at mid-air, and gives Rei a hand lock with her small body, though the body may be small. But the strength that the little girl packs is quite a heavy amount of weight, that even forces Rei to stop the movement of her right arm. With the small hand that she holds, and the sheer force with that Koneko grip Rei's tux, Rei already knew what was coming next.

Two of Rias' knights set up an ambush from behind, seeing this, she began to yet again enchant both her legs. As her feet, smash through the ground, Rei leaps up into the air so that she can avoid the ambush from the ambush of knights, when she thought that she has gained some distance, another one of the peerage members appears above her. It was the Pawn of the peerage, towering above her, with his red gauntlet.

"Boost!" Issei shouted.

The emerald on the top of the gauntlet palm shine, as a red aura starts to cloak itself around the gauntlet, hearing his voice. Rei quickly turns her back, and positioned both her arm in an X-shape, trying to lessen and block the attack that was coming from the Pawn. Preparing herself for the attack, she then felt it! A powerful strike that felt like a boulder was falling above her.

That powerful strike alone sent her down to the ground, once her back made contact with the ground, it create a small hole with a mist of dust that cover her surrounding area. Coughing out blood from her mouth, thankfully none of her was broken by the impact, but she did feel some of her muscles was sore from taking on an impact.

"Damn my back," Rei uttered.

Just when she thought she have a short break, a small stream of water started to flood through her small hole, the stream was coming from behind her.