four

Silent Funeral

When you opened your eyes, what struck you first was the pain and numbness of your arms

When you opened your eyes, what struck you first was the pain and numbness of your arms. And to add to that, your neck felt stiff. All you could watch was the plain white ceiling. The bed you laid on was soft, its sheets cool and smooth.

Where am I? What happened to Itadori and the rest?

Suddenly, you heard a door slide open.

"Oh, you're awake!" Gojo's familiar whimsical voice sounded.

When you wanted to ask Gojo what happened, you could only cough when you noticed how sore your throat was.

"You've been asleep for a few days," He stated, setting the paper bag he had brought along with him onto the cabinet next to you.

You peeped to your right, watching as Satoru leaned against the wall, avoiding eye contact.

"Itadori?" You asked, voice raw and a bit weird to hear from yourself.

Silence hung in the room.

"He was killed," Your teacher returned.

Your heart dropped. Wasn't Itadori going to switch with Sukuna? Sukuna would've saved him, right?

There's no way.

Gojo noticed your distressed look and sighed.

"As a Jujutsu Sorcerer, losing your life is to be expected."

Guilt overwhelmed you. You could only lay down and rest. You hadn't known him for a long time, but you despised the haunting sensation of being helpless.

Maybe we could've both come out alive.

Gojo seemed agitated too. Though once he caught himself, he immediately asked you an intriguing question.

"Fushiguro reported what happened to me."

He eyed you as you started to sit upwards despite the stinging ache, noticing as you winced from the bandages around your ribs.

"How did you manipulate the cursed energy?"

You looked at him with slight confusion, tilting your head in perplexment. Then, you realized what he had meant.

"I saw the finger."

He stood upwards, gaining attention from what you said.

"I could see its source of cursed energy. I could see the cursed energy. I felt at ease,"

You paused. You were unsure how to explain it,

"When I held the cursed spirit."

Gojo looked at you with astonishment. Finally, you noticed that his lips curled into a grin. As he left the room in a hurry, he told you to wait for him.