Part VII

Ally's POV

*Gentle reminder that this is a smut short story, so there will be smut of some kind in pretty much every update! (We've just been seeing some comments about that lately) Okay that's all, enjoy!*

I've been crying all day because Harry's been ignoring me for weeks now.

Well, not ignoring me, but our contact has been so limited and spaced out it might as well be considered that.

We haven't properly seen each other in almost three weeks despite being in the same fucking city and it's because of school, or so Harry says. He's been holed up in the library and in his friend's dorm room, Tris.

She's nice, I've met her a handful of times. Her and Harry are in the same accelerated math program and paired together for an assignment and I guess formed a friendship from there. She's Harry's only friend really. Of course Lydia and Khloe and the rest of my friends consider Harry their friend as well, but Tris is the first one that Harry's made on his own and I'm so insanely proud of him for making a friend.

It's all I've wanted for him, to branch out and be more out there, especially in university. I wanted him to go out and make friends, join clubs, and become more active in things like that. I know I wasn't always going to be there to help him seeing as we both go to different schools, so I was happy that he was doing it on his own.

I remember him being so nervous after Tris had asked him to be his partner for a new project in another one of their classes. "She s-said she wants to be m-my partner. Me? Why w-would she want t-to do that?"

I had to reassure him with multiple kisses that she couldn't have chosen anyone better. "You're the smartest and most handsome guy in the class, of course she chose you." I told him, straddling his lap as he sat at his desk. "Handsome?" He asked, his cheeks flushing a deep red, "lying i-is bad you know," he teased.

His words made me frown and I cupped his jaw which forced him to look at me. "I wasn't lying. I don't call you pretty boy for nothing." I said softly, sending him a wink. I leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss against his lips and I felt his own immediately pucker against mine. "Stop doubting yourself, let yourself make some friends, baby." I whispered against his lips as his hands smoothed up the back of my shirt.

Harry ended up listening to my advice because he and Tris have been glued to the hip ever since. They've been working on multiple assignments together now, ones that require late nights at the library and early mornings in the coffee shop, which leaves no time for me in his schedule — especially with exams coming up.

I get it though, I've been busy too and the jump from high school to university has been huge for all of us. We've had to adjust to a heavier workload with readings and tests and assignments all crossing over one another and I've been struggling with it just as much as everyone else, so I do get why he hasn't contacted me, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm hurt though. I wish I could get at least a text from him telling me how he's doing or where he's been. Or maybe even a call, I do love hearing his voice.

I still haven't told him that I love him and we've been dating for almost a year. I'm scared to tell him, I'm scared that my words are going to spook him and send him running for the hills. I know it's silly, but I don't want to risk anything that'll make me lose my Harry. I wish he would be the one to say it first but knowing him, he's just as terrified as me and wouldn't ever admit it first.

I rarely even vocalize to my parents that I love them, so how am I expected to do it to the person I want by my side for the rest of my life?

My friends think I'm crazy for holding my feelings in for so long, for keeping them hidden from Harry, and to a degree I agree with them. Eleven months is a long time for neither of us to confess our love for one another but I know the love is there, I can feel it. I can feel it in his touch, in his kiss, in the way he cares for me, and in the way he treats me. I think we both know that there is some shared love, we're just afraid to vocalize it.