Chapter 5

Finally updating. I'm so sorry this took so long. We're going to have little Damian's POV now, and I've written this to warn you.

He will be OOC, but I think it makes sense given the context. He's five, his mother hasn't yet told him about his father, he isn't as bitter or uptight, he doesn't know much about the world. So far, he has still been kind of sheltered. He doesn't know much about what really happens in the League. Only a general idea.
He's confused, scared, missing his mother. Definitely OOC

Also this chapter is really really short. I'm working on trying to make them longer, but so far that isn't happening. It just felt like a good place to end it.

Hope you like it!!

...

He doesn't know what do to, how to respond. 
They're lying. They have to be. Nobody lets him show much emotion. Why are they?

Is it a test? To show if he listens to their instruction? But what if it's to see if he'll stick to what he's been taught all his life? 

...what happens if he fails?

He surveys his new trainers as they mill about his room, picking out his minimal belongings and folding them neatly into a bag. 

They move oddly. Both flitting around the room as if they were flying. They're all smiles and happiness, unlike any assassin he'd ever met before. The girl has called the boy brother at least 3 occasions, so their partnership isn't simply convenience. 

This does not add up with what he'd seen in the Throne Room. 

In the Throne Room, they'd been emotionless unless Grandfather did or said something to annoy them, which they responded to with sarcasm and sass. They were threatening, but it didn't seem to be aimed at Damian himself. They towered over their superiors, Damian's family, and showcased a dominance in the situation none ever had when facing the Demon's Head. 

It confused Damian. Especially when one compared the way they treated him verses Grandfather and Mother. 

"Damian," Predator said, bending down to look him in the eye, "Is there anything we're forgetting?" 

Damian looked around, seeing all of his stuff gone. He shook his head. 

"No, sir."

Predator chuckled. "You don't have to call me that. As soon as we're gone, I'll tell you my name."

Damian blinked, not sure how to respond. He's been 5 for around 3 months now, meaning he'd had 3 trainers already. None of them had told him their names. They all demanded he call them Sir or Master, and he'd been punished when he didn't. 

This must be a test too.

Ghost came to stand beside Predator, who rose to his full height, and placed her hand on Damian's shoulder. 

"Time to go." she said. She'd only spoken Arabic once, and that was back in the Throne Room. It made Damian think she wasn't fluent, and her broken English only made him assume she was illiterate in that language too. 

Damian wasn't sure why she was here. If she couldn't speak English, or Arabic, how would she train him? How would he know what she wanted him to do, if they couldn't communicate. 

He didn't want to go. 

Alas, he had no choice. 

It was time to face what Predator and Ghost had planned for him.