eighty four

~*~*~

~*~*~

"ah, you must be regulus?"

~*~*~

"i just don't see why it's necessary," said regulus to his brother that morning, feeling extremely stressed and uncomfortable at today's plans that he had barely agreed to, "james and remus didn't meet our parents."

"you're comparing apples to oranges, reg, see their parents aren't crazy, whereas ours are," said sirius as he lounged back in his chair at the kitchen table, "it's actually very normal to meet your boyfriend's or girlfriend's family, y'know?"

"well, i don't want to," said regulus stubbornly, "you know what i'm like, i don't like attention or questions and i'll get plenty of each when i meet james' parents."

"they're not going to size you up to see if you're good enough for the precious boy," said sirius sarcastically, "it'll be a normal interaction, well, as normal as you can make it."

"that's doesn't help," said regulus with a glare towards his brother.

"whoever said i was helpful?" asked sirius with his arms outstretched.

regulus didn't see the point in meeting james' parents. he had a lot to do as minister of all things and he seen this as more of an inconvenience, although he wouldn't say it out loud, he didn't want to hurt james' feelings. he didn't like questions, especially about personal things and so he knew he'd have to go through the whole discussion of how this all came about because it even surprised regulus that he was so lucky to be with james. he didn't want to share their rare, special love with anyone, never mind recite all the things that pulled regulus to james in the first place. he hadn't told sirius anything like that, he hadn't even told summer, it was for him and james to know and share with one another.

regulus left his brother in the kitchen but by the sound of the chair being brought down to it's four legs and the scrambling sound of sirius getting to his feet, told regulus that the discussion wasn't over. sirius followed his brother into the lounge, where he sat down at the piano and began slamming the keys as hard and loud as he could as to drown out what sirius was saying to him.

"did you say something?" asked regulus after he stopped playing, but when his brother parted his lips to speak, he resumed which made regulus laugh.

"glad you find this funny," said sirius with a scoff as he came up to the piano and put the cover down over the keys and sat on it so he couldn't play, "just go over for tea you miserable git."

"unlike you, sirius, i have anxiety and when i have to interacted with people i barely know it really stresses me out," snapped regulus because that was also the reason he didn't want to go, "we're different that way. i don't like shouting about my relationship with anyone who will listen."