❥ 12. Phosphenes

Phosphenes (noun)

The colors or stars you see when you rub your eyes.

♡♡

"Orange Rolls" Mahira answered, placing the newly baked tray of cinnamon-orange flavored Roll style pastries featuring a delicious orange marmalade filling

"Orange Rolls" Mahira answered, placing the newly baked tray of cinnamon-orange flavored Roll style pastries featuring a delicious orange marmalade filling. The fluff glaze spread equally on the top was enough to make anyone's mouth water.

"Oh goodness, This looks so yum" Daisy swooned at the sight of it. "Why do you have to make all these when I'm working Girl? Have some pity on my poor heart"

Mahira chuckled at her overreacting. "You can have a piece" She leaned to her a little to reach her ear level "A secret between us"

The beaming smile Daisy passed her made Mahira shake her head at her in amusement.

"Girls" Asha called for them from the outside. Mahira removed her apron and folded it, keeping it on the chair before picking up the tray and walking out.

She placed the tray on the second rack of the display table and rubbed her hands to remove invisible dust.

"Another Experiment" Asha stated, sighing in defeat as Mahira passed her a guilty smile. "Don't know why I let you have my kitchen on Fridays"

"Because it's good for business" Devika pointed and Asha narrowed her eyes in fake anger "What? Aai you know she bakes delicious stuff. Last month those blueberry cupcakes were best sellers. Mr. Kihotra still asks for them every single time. And Puneet...." She took a dramatic pause "He makes me come here Every Friday just for her handmade treats. My husband loves her cooking more than me and...What? Stop giving those knowing smiles I'm not jealous, Not a single Bit"

Asha nodded sarcastically "Ofcourse Gudu, You aren't"

Mahira clamped her lips shut to stop the brimming smile seeing The Mother-daughter banter. Her eyes snapped to her phone which brightened for a second as if someone called but it wasn't ringing.

She waved the thought, deciding to cut out the pieces of her tray which seemed to cool now. She picked the cutter knife out and started chopping the pieces properly, in equal parts.

"Mahi" Asha's concerned voice made her look up at her. "Is Everything okay ?"

Mahira frowned in confusion "Yeah. Why do you ask Aunty ?"

Asha's eyes took something at her back, eyes studying someone. Mahira tried glancing back but halted at her words.

"You sure? Why is he sitting there and not at his regular table ?"

"Who are you talking to..." Mahira froze seeing the very man who she walked away from and haven't met for the last few days.

2 days, 16 hours 23 minutes, 15 seconds to be exact.