Chapter 34

Liam's POV

Ryder looked fine when he came back, but I got worried when I felt that he was distressed.

"Everything ok?" I frowned and went closer to him. He took my hand and suddenly kissed it.

"Of course." He stroked my face with the back of his fingers and I flushed at the sudden gesture. Geez, I always look like a tomato whenever I'm with him.

"What were you going to tell me?" He asked and I swallowed before taking his arm and dragging him to the living room.

"Sit." I told him and he frowned but I saw a slight smile on his face. I pushed him down on the couch when I felt that he had no plan to sit.

I took my own seat beside him and I adjusted myself so that I was facing him.

"Since we're umm, lovers now..." I couldn't look at him in the eye and I kept fidgeting.

"Hhmm?" He hummed and found the situation interesting because I saw that he raised his brows. One thing that he always does when he finds something amusing.

"So, I think that we should be honest with each other." I stated and nodded my head countless of times to convince even myself.

"It goes without saying." He took my hands and laced it together with his. I smiled before I went straight for it.

"You've become more hungry ever since you drank from my blood, haven't you?" The slight smile was immediately wiped off of his handsome face. His expression turned cold and he was about to pull his hand away but I tightened it.

"Don't." I pleaded and when he saw the vulnerability that I only show to him, his jaw hardened. He blew out a deep breath before running a hand through his face.

"Liam..." He began.

"I'm worried." I spoke before he could continue what he was about to say.

He pulled his hand away and stood up. He placed an arm on his hip while the other was on top of his mouth.

"It's not what you think. I just wanted to go for a hunt. Whatever you saw a while ago-"

"Stop." I placed one hand on the air and stood my ground. I don't want to play his game.

"Stop lying to me." I shook my head as I gave him a hard and stern gaze. A muscle in his jaw ticked and his biceps bunched when he fisted his hands.

"Damn it!" He shouted and suddenly punched the wall beside him. I flinched when I heard its impact and I had to turn my head away as proceeded to his room and forcefully slammed the door.

I exhaled a breath I didn't know that I was holding until he was gone and I placed a hand on my beating heart.

I went to the kitchen, took a glass and filled it with water before taking huge gulps to calm my nerves.

I won't let the day end without talking to him.

I lightly slapped my cheeks and shook my arms to ease the tension from my body. I walked towards his room and knocked on the door, but I didn't get any answer so I invited myself in.

I saw him shirtless and looking out the window with a glass of what I recognized was whiskey in his hands. I remembered him telling me that clothes make him feel confined when he's agitated.

"Hey." I gently called out and was about to try and sense what he was feeling but I decided against it. I don't want to rely on that connection in order to understand him. Sometimes it's better to use words and communicate.