• 𝐂hapter 13

When the knock first sounded on the door, I didn't bother getting off the couch because I was currently elbowed deep in scooping my ice cream and pizza combo, and at this juncture, nothing was worth putting it down for

When the knock first sounded on the door, I didn't bother getting off the couch because I was currently elbowed deep in scooping my ice cream and pizza combo, and at this juncture, nothing was worth putting it down for. But when the knocking persisted, I forced myself up, feeling a slight pang in my belly which must have come from vomiting half the day.

You know, most women finished with morning sickness and nausea after the first two months. Not me, I still woke up every day feeling like I had the flu.

Brushing my hair out of my face, I walked to the front door, silently praying it wasn't my landlady coming to get me. I heaved out a soft exhale and opened the door and one look at the person standing in front of it made my stomach churn in a not-so-pleasant way.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I—" he started but paused when his eyes lowered to my chest. And then his brows cocked up inquisitively. "Why are your tits like that?"

I looked down at my sweater and my cheeks burn crimson red. My nipples were taut and perky and it wasn't intentional.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say they are happy to see me."

His words made me snap my head up to him. "No, they are not. My breasts are sore and extremely sensitive right now."

The sardonic twist of his lips told me that he didn't believe a word I'd uttered. He clucked his tongue. "Well, I guess they must have been sore and extremely sensitive too the last time we hooked up."

"God, you're an asshole." I held the door and tried to shut it in his face but his foot had already wedged it.

"I thought we established that fact already?" He placed his hand on the door and pushed it back open again.

I honestly couldn't deal with him right now. I exhaled deeply. "Can we stop talking about my tits and focus on why you are here or how you even found my house?"

He ignored my question and poked his head through the door. He smelt good by the way. Sinfully good. "Can I come in?"

"No,"

He moved closer, too close, which made me step aside, unintentionally allowing him to enter.

Dammit.

I watched as he scanned the small room. It didn't take long for dread to settle on his face. "So this where you live?"

I closed the door behind me with a small bang. "Got a problem with it?"

"Certainly. This isn't a good environment for my child." His eyes caught the pizza wrap and bowl of ice cream on the couch.

Crap.

"Pizza and ice cream? You've been eating junk?"

In my defense, it was the only thing I could stomach without running to the bathroom. Plus, I craved it unusually these days.